Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Inventor / AutoCAD / PDF / Printing fonts

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
stephengibson76
4771 Views, 4 Replies

Best Inventor / AutoCAD / PDF / Printing fonts

What is the best font in terms of readability and consistency for both Inventor and AutoCAD?

I dont want to be able to tell the difference between an Inventor or AutoCAD drawing.  We have been using ISOCP but this does not give good PDF results and does not scale well when printing A1 drawings at A3.

I realise there is a lot of personel preference with regards to fonts, I am after,

what people are using

why

advantages

disadvantages

Thanks

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: stephengibson76

Arial

(or Calibri on imported excel tables because Arial/Inventor has issues with inconsistent letter spacing when imported from excel)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
cwhetten
in reply to: stephengibson76

I vote for Arial.  It has a clean, professional look and is available everywhere.

Our company has been using Simplex in AutoCAD until recently.  I don't know why, maybe it's simply because that's the way it has always been.  But it prints horribly to PDF, and even worse on paper.  All the Ms and Ns and Ws have little spikes (see image), and overall it has an uneven look to it.

Bad Font.png

We have found that Arial looks much better in AutoCAD.

-cwhetten

Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the suggestions.  There was a post a while ago about Ariel numbers 6 and 8 being very similar and also the letter spacing is slightly different between AutoCAD and Inventor, it only effects the formatting of maybe 1 out of 20 notes but itas another thing to check.

I realize there is not a perfect solution but am trying to get the best fit option for our needs

Stephen Gibson

Message 5 of 5

more font woes Smiley Sad

Our title block contains the company address which is font Eras Demi ITC, to reflect our logo.  Fine in Inventor, drop into AutoCAD and it goes taller and bolder

sketched symbols with the text come thru ok but AFAIK you can not drop a sketched symbol into a titleblock

Stephen Gibson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report