Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bend Tables for inventor

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
205 Views, 4 Replies

Bend Tables for inventor

All, First, I am new to sheet metal :) I am aware that these tables will be different for different grades of material etc.... Anyone know off hand where i can download these form or at least get the information to make my life easier on calculating the values for different materials? thanks in advance James lovell -- Inventor Series 9 SP1 + MDT2005 SP1 Windows 2000 Pro SP4 P4 2.6GHz 800MHz FSB 1GB DDR2 RAM Quadro 4 900 XGL 128MB 6.14.10.6176 1280 x 1024 @ 85Hz (32-Bit) Club Snapper www.clubsnapper.net
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Shelby295
in reply to: Anonymous

Inventor has its own bend tables located in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 9\Samples\Bend Tables. Copy and modify that chart to suit your needs. Does your company make your parts in house? If not, then the K-factor will most likely do for you. My company uses a bend deduction chart we made almost 20 years ago and it works perfect, but that chart is based on our tooling from the brake. For 14 gauge (0.075) hrs material, we use 0.141 for a bend deduction, for 12 gauge hrs (0.105), we use 0.169 for a bend deduction etc....

Later, Steve Harrity
Universal Dynamics
Message 3 of 5
Nicholas Webb

Hi,

I have created the table but how do I link it to the sheet metal styles and get it all to work? We currently use two K factors, one for under 2mm material and one for above.

Regards

Nick
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Open the Sheetmetal Styles dialog and under Unfold Method, select Bend table. You will then be able to browse to the bend table and select it for use. -- Kent Keller http://www.KWiKMcad.com Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator "Nicholas Webb" wrote in message news:21686834.1103110351268.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi, > > I have created the table but how do I link it to the sheet metal > styles and get it all to work? We currently use two K factors, one for > under 2mm material and one for above. > > Regards > > Nick
Message 5 of 5
Nicholas Webb

Cheers for that, I will try it asap.

Regards

Nick

Ps, seems autodesk told me about your reply 5 days late?!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report