Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bend relief shape for given transition

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
395 Views, 4 Replies

Bend relief shape for given transition

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to create helper cut for bending of side face with the aim not to deform the background arc face.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5140/cutg.png
but maybe more obvious in unfolded state:
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3290/cutenhanced.png

I've been trying almost all the options in the Flange feature settings (mainly bend's Relief Shape/Transition - but rather with default A, B, C parameters), but still without success.

Is there any chance to get desired output?

Any hint is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Jan
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
delineryan
in reply to: Anonymous

You could post your part, or you could use the "Unfold" command, then make the relief cuts, then "Refold"

Cheers,

Ryan
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the tip, I've realized the best method is creating the cut directly in the sketch so I can avoid unfold/refold approach at all.

But I am still curious if this (a sample part for v2010 is attached) couldn't be achieved using standard bend options...

Jan
Message 4 of 5
delineryan

You just need to separate the flange features, then add offsets until you achieve the desired results. You need to mess with the bend relief dimensions to get it exactly the way you want.

Cheers,

Ryan
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for your effort. I see either way 'too' complicated, but I'll try to live with it.
I already understand the reason why default settings fails (probably) - I think 'Minimum Remnant' settings is never met in my case (even if set to the zero) so the default relief shape is ignored. I think this condition is too strict now 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report