Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bend Lines labels visibility in IDW

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
samuel777
2005 Views, 9 Replies

Bend Lines labels visibility in IDW

Hi,

Im using Inv 2014.

I bring a flat pattern from my part, click on bend line/s or use a window including all bends BUT NO bend labels come in. I tried to find a setting to which turns them on/off but couldn't find any.

Any help?

Thank you

Samuel

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rhasell
in reply to: samuel777

Hi there

Are you looking for the Bend annotation for the bend lines:

See images below.

After placing your view, under the "annotation tab/Feature notes" is "Bend Notes"

Select each bend line to place a note on the line.

The notes can be pulled off afterwards to create a leader.

bendlines2.JPG

bendlines1.JPG

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 3 of 10
samuel777
in reply to: rhasell

Thank you for the quick reply but in my case, I don't get the label (text) at all. I have done this a thousand times. Only this one user's station, the label does not show up.

I have started  a new idw and inserted only the flat but no use. It must a visibility issue of the actual label (text)

Thank you

Message 4 of 10
rhasell

Hi

Other things to try:

- Check your styles, perhaps export form a working machine, and import into the faulty one.

- Possibly a display issue, try using compatibility mode.

- Inventor Service pack level

- Windows Operating system issues. (Ver 😎

- Sometimes a re-boot can fix it.

Reg
Message 5 of 10
samuel777
in reply to: rhasell

Still no solution.

I now have more information on my issue:

If I edit an existing ipt (other designer's) or use it to save as a new ipt, my bend lines do not show up in the flat of its idw. BUT, if I start a new ipt from scratch, bend line show up fine.

So this is some setting in the ipt itself.

I'm not sure what to look for in the ipt settings.

I still have no solution so far.

Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 10
mcgyvr

@samuel777 wrote:

Still no solution.

I now have more information on my issue:

If I edit an existing ipt (other designer's) or use it to save as a new ipt, my bend lines do not show up in the flat of its idw. BUT, if I start a new ipt from scratch, bend line show up fine.

So this is some setting in the ipt itself.

I'm not sure what to look for in the ipt settings.

I still have no solution so far.

Thanks for the help.

"seems" like it might be the "styles" in your legacy IDW files need to be updated to match the current idw template. 

If you use the existing ipt and start a NEW IDW do they show?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 10
samuel777
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi,

I just confirmed what you asked:

If I start a new idw (whether from my custom template or the default template) and insert a flat pattern view of an EXISTING IPT, bend lines DO NOT show up when I click the bend button & pick bend lines. By EXISTING IPT I mean those drawn by others before my time at the current job.

That assures me that the settings/visibility for bend lines are in the IPT. Do you agree?

Thanks

Samuel

Message 8 of 10

Hi samuel777,
Can you post the part?

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 9 of 10

This is a sample part. An idw of this part will NOT SHOW bend lines in a flat pattern view.

Thank you

Message 10 of 10
rhasell

Hi

I have not had much time today to have a look, but when I opened the flat pattern in 2014, I recieved an error message regrading ver 2011 flat pattern.

I used the defaults to re-define the flat pattern, but it did not work. (As in the bend notes did not display in the IDW)

I then deleted the flat pattern and re-created it. This worked 100%. (The bend notes worked correctly)

As mentioned, I have not had time to fault find the re-definition of the flat pattern.

Hope this helps.

Reg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report