Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bend Geometry passes through the bend axis

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tabsmith03
1793 Views, 5 Replies

Bend Geometry passes through the bend axis

Can anyone help with the attached part?  I need to create a flat pattern for this part, but it gives the error "Could not build this FlatPattern : Bend geometry passes through the bend axis.

Thanks,

Tabitha

Tabitha Smith
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mdavis22569
in reply to: tabsmith03

I'm finding the bottom is at Corner 13 and 15 ... might want to make that a flange there ..also Cut 1 and 2 gave a problem ... I wish I could spent more time on it ...but I had a few minutes to look at it at lunch and that's where I found the start of the flat pattern issue

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
mdavis22569

Someone will be able to show you right I'm sure ..they will remodel I should say for you too see exactly the issue..

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
mpatchus

When requesting help and posting parts, it is always a good idea to include what version of the software you are using.

Not everyone is using the latest version of Inventor and cannot open parts made with a newer release.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 5 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! Corner13 and Corner15 seem to make the sheet metal part fail to unfold. There faces merged becaused of the corners. Could you take a look?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 6
tabsmith03

Thanks everybody for the help! I was able to change the angle on the two cuts at Corners 13 and 15 and that solved the problem.

Tabitha Smith

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report