Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benchmark for Autodesk Inventor 2012

102 REPLIES 102
Message 1 of 103
Anonymous
12291 Views, 102 Replies

Benchmark for Autodesk Inventor 2012

Autodesk inventor 2012 has worked exclusively on Direct3D. At the moment, there is no single test that is likely to correctly identify performance hardware.The results of such tests as Cinebench, 3DMark, SPECviewperf - untrue. But the need to determine the real performance of video cards is growing. According to this offer on their own to determine the performance of different video cards. For the test we will use the internal mechanism of Autodesk inventor 2012 definition of refresh rate.
One benchmark test that you can perform is to run the Post Statistics.

This requires an understanding of registry editing.
Go Start>Run & type “regedit”. Click OK & navigate to this branch: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersionXX\System\Preferences\Scene Manager\Debug\Post Statistics, set the REG_DWORD to 1.
The next time Inventor is run, a small information box will appear at the bottom of your screen.
 We twist the assembly . Pattern editing in the assembly "1000.iam", we change the number of parts in the assembly until the refresh rate will be equal to 15 Hz. This is the minimum, and psychologically comfortable refresh rate.We work exclusively in the factory settings
The results report in the next volume:
1.     The operating system and its capacity
2.    Processor
3.    RAM
4.    Video card
5.    Number of parts with assembly at a refresh rate of 15Hz.

102 REPLIES 102
Message 101 of 103
jbnhf23
in reply to: karthur1

I tried to test my system with the file "1000.iam" file. But I am getting some strange results. Some times the system does what I think it should do and lower the Hz when I increase the parts. When I have insertede 1300 parts its frequency decrease to 15 Hz.

But suddenly, for instance when I have inserted 2000 parts the frequenzy jumps to 142hz. Maybe inventor 2016 is a little different than previously versions. 

I have also tried running the macro-test in Inventor6_bench.ivb. After it have been running for around 5 seconds, it stops and throws a error: "Division by zero". I have downloaded the sample files for 2016 from this page https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/inventor-s...

Anyone else have experienced the same behaviour? 

My workstation consists of this:

- Intel i7 4690k 4.0ghz

- 16gb RAM

- 256 GB SSD 

- Geforce 960 GTZ 2GB 

- Inventor professionel 2016

Message 102 of 103
pball
in reply to: jbnhf23

You might want to check out this thread where someone made a benchmark program for Inventor. There are also people posting results with current hardware which might be more useful if you want to compare results with others since this thread is older.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/how-fast-is-your-inventor-pc-really/m-p/59...
Message 103 of 103
karthur1
in reply to: jbnhf23

@jbnhf23 wrote:

But suddenly, for instance when I have inserted 2000 parts the frequenzy jumps to 142hz. Maybe inventor 2016 is a little different than previously versions. 

I have also tried running the macro-test in Inventor6_bench.ivb. After it have been running for around 5 seconds, it stops and throws a error: "Division by zero". I have downloaded the sample files for 2016 from this page https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/inventor-s...

Anyone else have experienced the same behaviour? 

My workstation consists of this:

- Intel i7 4690k 4.0ghz

- 16gb RAM

- 256 GB SSD 

- Geforce 960 GTZ 2GB 

- Inventor professionel 2016

Not sure about the error you are seeing.  I have not had any trouble running the macro on any version of Inventor.  For the first issue, are you in Express mode? I dont recall if it made any difference or not, but you might check that out.

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report