Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Behavior after converting a standard part into an iPart

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
fsdolphin
259 Views, 0 Replies

Behavior after converting a standard part into an iPart

Hi, 

I have been experimenting with iPart/iAssemblies to have a better idea on how they work. Last night experimenting I did the following…

1. Created a new standard part (partTest), Saved it
  2. Used this new part in an assembly (assemblyTest) and in a drawing (drawingTest), Saved both files
  3. Closed all files
  4. Opened partTest and converted it into an iPart
  5. Opened assemblyTest: When I opened it, I noticed that I couldn’t change to components,  I kind of expected that behavior since I read somewhere that you cannot use iFactories parents directly in assemblies so, I went and replaced this part with itself, but when I did this I lost all of the constrains related to this part.  Is this a normal behavior?
  6. Then I went and opened drawingTest: Here I noticed that all of the views were set to use the Active Factory Member, which means it would show the active member from your iFactory. Is this a normal behavior?  

What I described in step 5 and 6, are these normal behaviors when converting a standard part to an iPart and the part has already been used in other assemblies or drawings?

Are there any other things that I will need to check after converting a standard part into an iPart?

Thanks a lot

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report