Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic iLogic questions

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
andrew_buc
449 Views, 1 Reply

Basic iLogic questions

I'd like to learn more about iLogic, with a solution to a specific problem in mind, but we're pretty short-handed at my job. In a perfect world I'd block out a good chunk of time to go through the iLogic tutorial, but that isn't likely to happen. So, a couple of questions:

1) I see that there's a dedicated iLogic .ipj, to be used when doing the tutorial. I'd like to tweak our existing Vault .ipj so it can be used with iLogic. I'd be able to experiment with iLogic without having to switch .ipj's, and when we were ready to go live with iLogic, we could continue with the existing .ipj. Any reason not to do this, and how would I do it?

2) I have some parts for which I'd like to get a "don't use this part, use that one instead" dialog when an operator inserts them into an .iam. If it was possible to comb an existing .iam for such parts also, that would be helpful. At this point I'm not asking how to do this, but can it be done?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mrattray
in reply to: andrew_buc

You don't need any kind of special project file to use iLogic with. You can use it right now with your current file. The iLogic file supplied just directs Inventor to the location of the tutorial files.

Sure. I would use a special user parameter imbeded in the template file as a boolean (doNotUse = True/False). This can be used to trigger a dialog on place component and can be used as a flag for an assembly checking routine.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report