Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode on a drawing

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
B.Leeraert1225
2454 Views, 12 Replies

Barcode on a drawing

If I will make a barcode on my drawing with inv 2009 and I make it with a fonts than the barcode like smooth ( see attacht file)

The font were I working with is FRE3OF9X.TTF and FREE3OF9.TTF.

THe scanner is not accept this barcode.
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
mcgyvr
in reply to: B.Leeraert1225

Barcoding or the use of a barcode font is not supported in Inventor.

Kind of stupid if you ask me, just about every production (ERP/MRP) software uses barcodes for inventory/issuing parts to jobs,etc..

I wanted to put barcodes into our parts lists so that assembly people can simply scan/issue right from the print.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

Did you remember to start and end your input
with a * (like *example*)?

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
If
I will make a barcode on my drawing with inv 2009 and I make it with a fonts
than the barcode like smooth ( see attacht file) The font were I working with
is FRE3OF9X.TTF and FREE3OF9.TTF. THe scanner is not accept this barcode.
Message 4 of 13
fllaserjim

mcgyvr, don't mean to blow your horn but they do work in Inventor. I have a font that I created from another font works great with the scanner we have here is the font we use. Put this into your windows font directory if you have this bar code in your font directory delet it then insert this one. We have been scanning with this for three years. This was one of the reasons this company did not go to Inventor because they needed b ar codes. And me no way I will do AutoCad again so I spent two weeks to get this to work. Now I could not break the link of the font name the file is named Inventor Bar code But it will come up in Inventor as Code39SmallMediumTT-Regular Text height .600. Works great got a bonus for this.
Message 5 of 13
fllaserjim

Pic Of bar code now this is taged to the part number.
Message 6 of 13
fllaserjim

Here is a IDW with the symbol in it.
Message 7 of 13
mcgyvr

Sorry for the confusion. I accidentally picked Code 128 instead of 3 of 9 barcode font when I tried yesterday. Our system will not read 128 so thats why it didn't work for me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 13
MaxU77

Great job!
Thanks a lot to fllaserjim.
By the way, the font is useful not only for 2D graphics. It could be easily used for modeling stickers (Emboss). There is only open question "How to share/pass fonts used in 3D to colleagues" while passing models. As far as it is quite a challenge to remember which your model uses some special font - It should be somehow embedded into 3D model, but
"Insert object" is usless:
A) Linking TTF is impossible - it says "A document server is not available for the given file. The file will be embedded instead of linked".
B) After embedding TTF you may have a look at it but can't install it to your OS.

I wonder how do you solved "sharing fonts" problem? Edited by: u_max on Jan 13, 2009 1:26 PM
MaxU77,
AI2011 Certified Associate
(Soft: PDSU2012, VP2012&VP2013)
Message 9 of 13
fllaserjim

in the font directory you have to remove the old one the put this one in. It will not let you over write the old. I can't remember the one you have to remove. If you try to put it in it will tell you such file already there and gives you the name write it down then remove it. As far as sharing it just have them put it in their font directory too. I have not tried it on a 3d model I guess I can give it a try when I get time.
Message 10 of 13
MaxU77

I afraid you didn't catch problem I mean.
The problem as I see it is - no possibility to automatically transfer fonts (satisfactory would be even copying to project folder without copying to OS font folder) using automatic utils or procedures like "Pack & Go" or "Check-in to Vault".
Users who then would try to use transferred data on other comps would face problem of font absence no sooner then opening data using other comp. So It may be too late to request any special fonts from developer comp.
For example - you've get some design to finish after somebody together with his comp. You work on the design some time. Once a day/week you make backup ("Pack & Go" or Vault). Let say year later comp suddenly damages. You get new comp and unpack your latest backup and here-it-is! Only now you face the error of absent fonts which were used by your ancestor. Isn't it a problem?

By the way, there were no "old" font installed on my comp. The font you have attached to this thread was the first-ever bar-code font on my comp I suspect.
MaxU77,
Message 11 of 13
fllaserjim

Oh I see what you mean. We back up the design data and our templates also the ifeatures and we put this font in there so if any thing was to happen we have all our data back. Yes it would be easy if Autodesk put that in the pack and go like Auto cad when you pack up a auto cad file you can pack up the font as well. So just a reminder to back up your design data and templates or you face the same issue if you lose a computer. Oh and any ifeatures you may have made.
Message 12 of 13
MaxU77

One more question about bar-code fonts.
I need 128C font. I've found some in the internet but they revealed to be not correct indeed.
Can anybody share real bar-code font for 128C?
Thanks a lot ... if applicable 😉
MaxU77,
Message 13 of 13
cindy313
in reply to: MaxU77

@MaxU77 wrote:
One more question about bar-code fonts.
I need 128C font. I've found some in the internet but they revealed to be not correct indeed.
Can anybody share real bar-code font for 128C?
Thanks a lot ... if applicable 😉

er, this can be found on google ,there are many 3rd party resources

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report