Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balloon re-ordering and general flexibility

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
enigma
568 Views, 3 Replies

Balloon re-ordering and general flexibility

It would be very helpfull if the Inventor balloon feature could have the same edit flexibility as Autocad.

Issues I have with Inventors balloon structure:

Once I have one balloon down, Inventor allows you to attach more balloons using the "attach balloon" command when you right click on your balloon. Great. But you can only pick one item and then have to redo the command. Yes I know you can "pick from list", but I prefer to pick the items I want (if visible) to minimize any mistakes if I was to select the wrong item from the list.

Then once I have a string of attached balloons, lets say they are arranged vertical, I cannot change that string to horizontal. I have to waste time by redoing my selections again.

In that same string of balloons, I prefer to have them arranged in numerical order. If I have picked something out of order, there seems to be no easy way of reordering them.

And lastly, the auto balloon feature is simply frustrating, as it will not work if you have previously placed a balloon down.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: enigma

I feel your pain when it comes to the balloon reordering!!! Smiley Frustrated  That is why I started this idea in the Inventor idea station.

Feel free to cast your vote.  Smiley Happy

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Reorder-of-Balloon-Stack/idi-p/3796480

As far as the auto balloon, feel free to create an idea in the Inventor IdeaStation

if you feel you have a suggestion to improve it.  If you do create an idea make sure you post a link to it here in this thread.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 4
dan_inv09
in reply to: enigma

What version?

Last time I had a string of balloons I wanted to reorder, I did the pick from list after I had them all correct and did "remove balloon" on the first half (one by one which was a pain).

How are you trying to reorient your string? I just grab it and it moves. (Are you trying to move it to the leader side? That doesn't seem to work.)

And I seem to remember using AutoBalloon on partially ballooned views before. (The balloon is never anywhere near where I want it and points to the worst place to point to the thing, but if I can't recall where some part is it helps finding it.)

Message 4 of 4
enigma
in reply to: dan_inv09

Version 2013 professional.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report