Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

1 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 2

Balloon/Auto Balloon through API, iLogic, or?

494 Views, 1 Replies
10-22-2013 01:01 PM

I have searched but most of the posts I come across are very old. I am trying to get a drawing to auto balloon via the API or through iLogic. I have a parametric assembly that I control via a spread sheet. I can successfully use iLogic to suppress/unsuppressed parts in the assembly based on parameters from that spread sheet. The BOM in the drawing successfully changes along with the part suppression, my problem is I would like to have it auto balloon the assembly view in the drawing based on that BOM part list. I can balloon it manually when set to everything visible, then when stuff starts turning off the balloons detach and turn red. That is fine I can deal with that, but when I go back to a parameter set that turns those parts back on again the balloons will not reattach. I have been able to get them to attach by using the ActiveSheet.View("VIEW1").Balloons.Reattach function, but they just randomly attach to whatever. I have tried to get them to reattach by using the ActiveSheet.View("VIEW1").Balloons.AttachToComponent("example:1") function but it does not seem to do anything.

Any ideas?

*Expert Elite*
3,369 Posts
1,272 Kudos
Post 2 of 2

Re: Balloon/Auto Balloon through API, iLogic, or?

10-22-2013 01:53 PM in reply to: cstudep

Welcome to the forum.

I didn't go through this entire thread, but it seems to cover a lot.  While I did not see auto-ballooning, you might find some useful tid bits.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Customization/iLogic-Coding-to-Create-Automated-Drawing/m-p/3...

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2014
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post