Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balloon an Item not in the Assembly but on your Parts List

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
vsookrah
1062 Views, 5 Replies

Balloon an Item not in the Assembly but on your Parts List

Hi,

I have an assembly made, but its to be welded and I did not want to change it to a weldment for simplicity within the drawing environment. But anyway; I have 4 parts in the assembly, and in the parts list I added a custom part for the weld material.

Now I also added the weld annotations in their correct locations, but I was wondering if there was a way to add a balloon to the weld symbol. In the little note section behind the weld symbol, I would put a floating balloon which would specify the material of the weld.

This was done on older drawings in autocad, but inventor wants me to tie the balloon to a part so I cant really figure this out.

Can anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: vsookrah

You can add the balloon and just overwrite the item number with whatever you want.

Or in the styles editor create a specific balloon type/style and use this for only these type cases.

Hope this makes sense.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6

HI vsookrah,

I addition to the previous suggestion you can select the custom part by following these clicks:

1. Click to place the balloon arrowhead
  2. Click to place the balloon
  3. Right-click and choose Custom / Virtual
  4. Right-click again and choose Continue.
  5. Select the check box for the custom part from the list in the dialog box
  6. Click OK in the dialog box

Autodesk Inventor Custom Virtual Part Balloon.png

Autodesk Inventor Custom Virtual Part.png

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 6

I guess I wasnt clear in my original description.

I know how to do the custom part ballooning, but I'd like to create a detattched balloon. Just a simple balloon with no leader, but I dont have an option to do that.

Is this even possible

Message 5 of 6

HI vsookrah,

The only thing I can think of would be a custom Sketched Symbol with a prompted entry, into which you'd add the custom part information. It wouldn't be tied to the BOM though.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 6 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: vsookrah

I don't think that is possible.  Seeing the balloon wants association to a part through the BOM.

What I am thinking is you can do this if you have a block created in ACAD just insert it into your Inventor drawing.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report