Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balloning problem.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Infoseeker
264 Views, 4 Replies

Balloning problem.

When I attach a ballon to the contour of the part (with an arrow) it works well, the problem starts when I deattach the arrow and move it over area that belongs to another part, where the arrow turns into a dot. When I do it, my ballon value does not update.

Lets say I have an arrow attached to one part, then I move it onto the field within the lines bordering other part, the arrow changes to the dot, the ballon value should change, but it does not. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jtylerbc
in reply to: Infoseeker

Once you move it off the contour of the part, the balloon locks in to the part it was previously attached to.  Inside the "field", it has nothing to associate to, so it sticks to whatever the last thing that defined it was.

To get it to switch to the second part, first snap it to that part's outside contour.  This will reassociate it to the second part, and you can then drag it back off into the interior of the second part.

Message 3 of 5
Infoseeker
in reply to: jtylerbc

The funny part is, when your part is surrounded by other parts, you cant baloon it, because when you try to ballon its perimeter the number for outside part kicks in, when you move it inside it, it locks on previous part. Unless you can wait and picking tool shows up where you can choose between lines...

Message 4 of 5
jtylerbc
in reply to: Infoseeker

@Infoseeker wrote:

Unless you can wait and picking tool shows up where you can choose between lines...

If your parts are surrounded (or overlapping) closely enough, that's exactly what you'll need to do.

Usually I'm able to find an exposed edge somewhere to tie the balloon to, but it doesn't always work out that way.

Message 5 of 5
-niels-
in reply to: jtylerbc

Setting a view to show hidden lines can sometimes help selecting edges from interior parts.

You could also right-click on the balloon you want to change and select "attach balloon from list".

If you add this second balloon you can remove the original one and since it's detached it won't update unless you attach it to something again.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report