Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ball valves

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Papabroas
3464 Views, 13 Replies

Ball valves

Hi all, i need 3d drawing of iron flange DIN ball valves, does anybody know where i can find?
thanks all
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Papabroas

Hi Rui

I have lots of 3D valve models in Solidworks or Parasolid x_t
format. All my flanged ball valves are to ANSI standard though.
Let me know what sizes you require, long or short pattern & whether manual or actuated and I can produce them for you. I have attached a jpeg rendering as a sample.My rates are very reasonable.

Regards
Jeff Horton
Message 3 of 14
Papabroas

Hi Jeff

Thanks for your answer, but i really need a DIN standard ball valve, but if you can give me your site or e-mail, i appreciated,
best regards
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

try the manufacturer of the valves, if they wont play, tell them you will be specifying a different manufacturers valve that will supply the models.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

Hi Rui

DIN Standard no problem to produce. email me on
jeffs3dvalves@hotmail.co.uk for more info

Regards
Jeff
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

Hi stee

I think you'll find that manufacturers generally will not give
out their models for copyright and patent reasons. Also,
most manufacturers models are component assemblies which
are far too detailed for what piping designers require. Which
is why I produced a whole library of valve and pipe equipment models which are accurate dimensionaly but have
no internal components. These look good and realistic in your plant model but are only a few hundred Kb each

Regards
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

I am wondering if someone can point me in the right direction to find ball valves like the one/ones that were talked about in this discussion?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Message 8 of 14
DaveCon

Hi All

This web site has loads of free 3d & 2d Models. Valves included.
See pic this one is a DIN Std.
www.3dcontentcentral.com

Rgds Dave C
Message 9 of 14
mrkmpn
in reply to: Anonymous

Is there any chance I could get access to your library of ball valves? I have been trying to find dimensions to draw them myself but all I can find is flange diameter/bolt diamter/flange thickness, etc... 

I am trying to find information for both flanged and threaded ball valves for use on fiberglass lines for oil and gas leases. 

Message 10 of 14
mpatchus
in reply to: mrkmpn

You could try https://grabcad.com/home

Might find something there for Inventor.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 11 of 14
GSE_Dan_A

traceparts.net is another excellent source for cad models (2D and 3D).  Doing a quick search of 'ball valve', turned up a slew of results! You just need to register (free and very little information required). Then you have instant access to the full library of Vendor supplied parts.

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 12 of 14
mrkmpn
in reply to: mpatchus

Thanks for the reply, I've been through that site a few times already, it seems that people on there only do one size of ball valve or so each, I was hoping to find a library done of all the same type. I was able to do butterfly valves based on dimensions I found online, but ball valves are a little different story. 

Message 13 of 14
GSE_Dan_A

Let me know what size, standards, etc... you require and I will see if I can find one on traceparts

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 14 of 14
mrkmpn
in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

Yeah I actually found quite a bit on there, unfortunately I am unable to import the files. I've tried several different configuration settings with what software/version combinations and every time, whether I use the import command or acisin commands it just does nothing... I get no errors and I get no part. 

I tried getting a 2D drawing and just dimensioning it myself, but apparently it was the wrong type of flanged ball valve as the bolt pattern was WAY off. I need to get with my boss and get more information about the ball valves we use. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report