Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ball Joint Drawing/Model

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
u067820y
4653 Views, 8 Replies

Ball Joint Drawing/Model

Ball Joint.JPG

Hi All,

Does anyone have an engineering drawing with dimensions for a ball joint? A .ipt file of a ball joint actuator will be the best. Thanks all.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
smjanows
in reply to: u067820y

What class is this for?

Message 3 of 9
u067820y
in reply to: smjanows

The use if just for viewing the inner assembly of a ball joint model. Purely to understand how the ball joint models work.

Message 4 of 9
JDMather

Should take about an hour to model up.  Are you still looking?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
Dennis_Jeffrey

Open the attached 2011 model, then Activate Contact Solver on your system.

a-002057.png

a-002058.png

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 6 of 9
Namoi1
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

Dennis

can't use contact solver on a part like this, as there isn't any interference.  But there is still need to restrict the ball.

I got a problem though.  The way I've constrained it in this model works fine, but once I put it in a larger assembly make it flexible it goes somewhat haywire.

For starters I can remove the angle constraint, but on adjusting the flexible assembly the design doctor says there is an error in this sub assembly, drilling down to it and looking at the constraints shows no problem.  Hit the update button or rebuild, sometimes need to do this a couple of times, and the doctor goes away.

Reactivate the angle constraint and it sends my assembly flying all over the place.

Make me think I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure it out.  The geometry of the top assembly means that the angle constrain and it's limits are virtually irrelevant, so can't see why the top assembly should fall apart like it does.

C-H.

using IV2015
C-H
Message 7 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: Namoi1

I would delete that angle constraint - place in assembly, set to Flexible and let the mating part restrict the degrees of freedom.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
Namoi1
in reply to: JDMather

when you say the mating part, you mean in the top level ****. yes? if I got that right, how do you suggest I restrict the DOF, with a contact set, or with an angle constraint like the one in the sub ****. or something else again?
using IV2015
C-H
Message 9 of 9
Namoi1
in reply to: Namoi1

don't know why but **** replaced **** with a full stop after it.
using IV2015
C-H

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report