Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad frame member, can't delete, can't change, can't do anything with it...

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
lkrenzler
907 Views, 10 Replies

Bad frame member, can't delete, can't change, can't do anything with it...

I was working on a simple frame when I noticed a member out of place.  Trouble is now I can't delete it or change it (see error image).  Any ideas on how to get rid of this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventor Pro 2019 - Win. 10 - GeForce GTX 1080 .
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
GSE_Dan_A
in reply to: lkrenzler

Try deleting the line in your sketch. Save the sketch and update the Frame.  Then replace the line in your sketch and attempt to add a new Frame Member to your model.

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 3 of 11
Cadmanto

When you say out of place, does that mean it is not orientated correctly?  Can you edit this member?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 11
lkrenzler
in reply to: Cadmanto

Yes, it's oriented wrong (it wasn't initially).

I tried deleting the line in the sketch and updating.  It still won't go away.  I tried editing the member and it won't edit.

I tried deleting the assciated file, and it's still there!

This is one persistent object 🙂

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 11
Cadmanto

Was this file created in 2011 by any chance?  I know this might sound strange, but I am wondering if this is the case, I wonder if it is having issues converting to 2014 format.  I hate to say this, but is recreating this frame from scratch an option?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 6 of 11
lkrenzler

Yes it was created in 2011.  Recreating is an option (not a great one) but I guess I'll have to do that.

Message 7 of 11
Cadmanto

Might be your best bet, all be it like you said not a great one, but by the time you finish futzing with it you could probably have it recreated.

Based on your image, it didn't look that bad. 

The only other thing I can think of is to post the files here in this thread.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 11
lkrenzler

Not really that big a deal to re-do it but I have a bunch more to convert so I hope it doesn't happen again.  I'll post it if I run into it again, thanks!

Message 9 of 11
JimmyDoe

I know this is an old thread, but it may be able to help me. By chance, is the member in question a 're-used' member?

Message 10 of 11
wimann

You want to know something funny? 5 1/2 years later, this problem can still occur. Admittedly I just started looking but so far I haven't found a solution. My frame member seemed to just be corrupted, but I'm afraid rebuilding the whole model is so far from the best option for me that it warrants the time spent trying to fix it. My frame member showed an old notch in the browser that could not be deleted but was not there when the part was opened. Not sure if that was the source for some reason but I could not Delete with FG and I could not open the Frame.iam and delete the part manually.

Fortunately for me, it's not the only 18x35 that exists in that frame from that sketch. So I opted to remove a different 18x35 and delete it's line and move the un-delete-able 18x35 in it's place. Decent work around for now I suppose.

Would be great to find a solution for this however. If there's one out there that I've missed and someone knows where it is, please reply with a link so others will find this in the future.

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 11 of 11
johnsonshiue
in reply to: wimann

Hi Will,

I vaguely remember seeing similar corruption cases before. But, it should not happen on newly created frame members on more recent releases. Please let me know if you have a workflow leading to the corruption.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report