Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background error in iam file

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Albeda8
277 Views, 6 Replies

Background error in iam file

Hello,

I have interesting problem with background in one *.iam file and only on one PC (viz. picture bellow).

Any ideas?

Thank you

Student

Martin

inventor_error.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: Albeda8

Hi Martin,

With you saying this is only happening in one file that eliminates a custom background setting.

Where did you get this file?  Is there anything in the browser that indicates this is a component?

Can you highlight it?  If so what highlights in the browser when you do?

What version are you running?  Can you post the file?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
cbenner

This looks like someone was messing with the view settings.  Check View tab, Appearance panel.  See pic:

viewset.jpg

The view you see looks like the "Plain Room".  You can change the backgrounds here, or go back to default.  If you see this everywhere, you mught want to check your template files.

Hope this helps.

AutoCAD 2013; AuoCAD Electrical 2013; IV 2013 Professional: Tube and Pipe, Frame Generator, Content Center; Vault Professional 2013: Client, ECO

My Blog, pretty weak I know, but I'm just getting started. 😄
http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Message 4 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: cbenner

Chris,

Never played with that setting before, but after trying it I can see that might be the issue.  Looks to be custom though.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: Cadmanto

Some of them are pretty cool for quick renderings.  I did one of our models that was an R&D project in the "Old Warehouse" background, rendered with shadows and reflections and used the "realistic" setting on it.  It looked really sharp for show & tell. 

Message 6 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: cbenner

They are.  I was trying a few.  Pretty cool to place my equipment in the middle of an intersection in the desert.  Smiley Very Happy

I will have to try and import my own background to show the powers at be even more functionality to play with in Inventor.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 7
Albeda8

Hi again,

thank you for reply. It was view style in Inventor. Now its everything OK. 

Best regards

Student

Martin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report