Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Axis Display Glitch Stuck Large In Middle Of Window

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mldion1
1236 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor Axis Display Glitch Stuck Large In Middle Of Window

The small red-green-blue XYZ axes that usually sit in the corner of the assembly area display are stuck in the middle of the window and won't go away (see attached screenshot).  They rotate as I change the viewing angle, but they are much too large and will not move.  This problem persists with any part or assembly file I open.

On a seemingly related note, the small yellow circles that usually bound the ends and corners of work axes and work planes are also greatly enlarged as well as very pixelated (see 2nd screenshot).

This became an issue after I tried exporting a .jpg.  The software froze up, and when I restarted it, the axes were messed up.

axes glitch 2.jpgaxes glitch.jpg

kelly.young has embedded your images for clarity.

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mldion1
in reply to: mldion1

Some with the vendor we bought from helped me out with this.  Basically some of the display settings changed when the program crashed.  Tools-->Application options-->General tab: the "Annotation scale" should be set to 1, but was changed to a large number outside the permitted scale.  Also, under the Application options-->Sketch tab, the "Constraint and DOF symbol scale" was also set to a large number outside the scale, so I reset it to 1.

Message 3 of 5
Cadmanto

Did you  try restarting your PC?

Are all of your graphics drivers the latest and most current?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 5
mldion1
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks, no, but someone helped me resolve the issue (see my reply to my own post above).

Message 5 of 5
TyRusley85

If I'm understanding this correctly, you see an enlarged version of the axis points on the center of whatever part you're looking at. The solution that I have found is that the center of gravity has been accidentally turned on. I have Inventor 2015 so this may be different on your version, but navigate to the View tab --->then click on center of gravity and it should disappear. I have attached a screengrab of what I see on my pc.Center of Gravity.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report