Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autosave suggestion

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
stephengibson76
601 Views, 3 Replies

Autosave suggestion

Ok, so i did a schoolboy error today and lost the mornings work without saving...  I understand the reasons not to have an autoCAD type autosave interupting your workflow every 10 minutes but this might be a good idea...

Instead of a save, how about an input backup, much like a macro that saves your keystrokes and mouse input within inventor and resets everytime you save. I would think the file would be pretty light.  Then simply rerun this input file and watch your model magically rebuild itself upto the crash point or a couple of commands before

Is that beyond the realms of possibility?

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi stephengibson76,

Just a quick reminder that Inventor does have a Save Reminder Timer setting that might /  or might not be helpful:

http://www.cadprofessor.in/2009/06/autodesk-inventor-2010-autosave-reminder/

You might also post your suggestion to the Inventor IdeaStation forum.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 4

CTRL+S already!

Sit with your little finger on CTRL and your fore finger on S. This is now your default position. Return to it after every sequence of moves. Soon you will develop a nervous twitch and you will feel the need to hit CTRL+S after brushing your teeth, reading a book or dreaming...

www.kungfudrafter.com/frontpage/2011/9/29/comic-cadaroo-issue-004.html

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 4 of 4

I know about the save reminder, its a bit like an outlook reminder telling you there is a meeting about to start, I just ignoor it Smiley Wink

First time I have seen the Inventor Ideas station though, is that a replacment for the wishlist?  looks a lot more useful

Ive come up with a solution anyway... last night I went home and invented a time machine,... tonight im going to be working on the hoverboard, or do I do that last week?

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report