Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

NBentzen
Message 1 of 2 (127 Views)

Automating hidden line settings on a per-part basis

127 Views, 1 Replies
09-21-2013 07:03 AM

A large part of my job is creating installation drawings for plants (equipment and catwalks).  Usually what I like to provide the installers is a plan view showing the equipment/catwalks with the base pads of the supports visible as hidden lines.  If I just turn on hidden lines in a view, then it is too crowded.

However, manually turning on hidden lines for hundreds of base pads (potentially) is a huge time-sink and usually involves going through the browser manually to find them all.  What I would like to do is automate the procedure to some extent.

Is there a good way to do this?  Usually there is only 4 or 5 different parts in an assembly that I need to have hidden lines for.

Valued Mentor
mpatchus
Message 2 of 2 (87 Views)

Re: Automating hidden line settings on a per-part basis

09-24-2013 03:58 AM in reply to: NBentzen

One solution might be to make the base pads "reference" parts in the assembly BOM, then adjust your styles to use hidden lines for reference parts.

Mike Patchus

Inventor 2012 SP3 ~ Vault Pro 2013
==================
Lenovo D20 Workstation Intel Xenon E5640@2.67GHz (2)
Win 7, 24gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. :smileyhappy:
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.