Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating hidden line settings on a per-part basis

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
NBentzen
235 Views, 1 Reply

Automating hidden line settings on a per-part basis

A large part of my job is creating installation drawings for plants (equipment and catwalks).  Usually what I like to provide the installers is a plan view showing the equipment/catwalks with the base pads of the supports visible as hidden lines.  If I just turn on hidden lines in a view, then it is too crowded.

However, manually turning on hidden lines for hundreds of base pads (potentially) is a huge time-sink and usually involves going through the browser manually to find them all.  What I would like to do is automate the procedure to some extent.

Is there a good way to do this?  Usually there is only 4 or 5 different parts in an assembly that I need to have hidden lines for.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mpatchus
in reply to: NBentzen

One solution might be to make the base pads "reference" parts in the assembly BOM, then adjust your styles to use hidden lines for reference parts.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report