Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically update vault check in with rev history

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bengee5454
278 Views, 4 Replies

automatically update vault check in with rev history

hi,

I was thinking that it would be nice if the comments on the Vault check in was automatically updated with the revision history (for the current revision).

For example;

check out drawing.dwg

amend

update rev history - eg. Diameter dim added

check-in drawing.dwg

- at the bottom of the check-in splash screen the comments section is automatically populated with Diameter dim added

Is this possible? perhaps with a bit of ilogic? - its all to easy to just click through the screen and not add any comments!

Cheers.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bengee5454
in reply to: bengee5454

on thinking further......perhaps adding a button on the Vault Check-In dialog to allow you to update with the rev history if desired would be better.

I guess sometimes you may not want to update with the rev history - if you check out to amend a typo for example.

any comments would be appreciated Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
mdavis22569

I'm sure there is a Ilogic code ...that would prompt for a revision change, then check it back in ... You might want to try asking in the Inventor Customizing forum or Vault Forum ...someone might have already done this or something similiar

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
bengee5454
in reply to: mdavis22569

I posted it on the Vault forum and someone said that it is possible with Vault Pro.....but alas, I only have Vault Basic.

So guess I'll have to continue to wenter data manually!

Message 5 of 5
mdavis22569

Go to the customize forum and see ... I'm sure you can have a prompted Ilogic that can do this

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report