Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically load your sheet metal, tube & pipe styles in new part & assy?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
schnautza
347 Views, 1 Reply

Automatically load your sheet metal, tube & pipe styles in new part & assy?

I'm a bit confused on the style library system built into Inventor - it isn't very intuitive.

I'd like to create my tube and pipe styles as well as sheet metal styles and have to never create them again - regardless of the project/workspace. Is this something that can be saved in the standard part/assembly template files? If so, how?

I'm tired of creating styles every time I start a new document - it is a waste of a lot of time! And I'd like to avoid having to import settings on every document.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
blair
in reply to: schnautza

For IV2013/2014:

Open your Sheet-Metal part: Go to the Manage Tab>Styles and Standards Panel>Styles Editor: You will then need to select each Sheet-Metal item, RMB on it and select Export. You can then import each one into your version of Inventor.

Tube and Pipe is the only module that's different. You will need to locate the Tube&Pipe.IAM file. It's located in the following path: C:\Public Documents>Autodesk>Inventor ****>Design Data>Tube & Pipe>en-US>

All the style for Tube&Pipe are kept in this IAM file. The best is to open this IAM file, create your styles and then save the IAM. Any time you then use the Tube & Pipe, all your data/styles will be there.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report