Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic part revision update in assembly

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
BartS83
1490 Views, 5 Replies

Automatic part revision update in assembly

Hello,

I have a question: 

Is it possible, when a assmbly is relaeased, to update the parts within that assembly to the latest revision?

Based on my (short) experience with Inventor, I think it would be logical if the the part revision in a released assembly would be locked too. But a collegue of mine says that the parts in any assembly that he opens (released or not) are always updated to the latest revision.

I hope anyone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance!!!

Kind regards

Bart Sijm
Netherlands

5 REPLIES 5
Message 3 of 6
BartS83
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks for your reply!

Yes he does, as well as I use the Vault.

But then: Why is that relevant?

Regards

Bart Sijm

Message 4 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: BartS83

@BartS83 wrote:

Thanks for your reply!

Yes he does, as well as I use the Vault.

But then: Why is that relevant?

Regards

Bart Sijm

If you are using Vault to manage your revision control on Parts, then opening an assembly and using the Get Revision option, should pull the latest Vault revision of the assembly components.

Message 5 of 6
brendan.henderson
in reply to: BartS83

Whether Get/Checkout (first pic) the files from Vault or Open From Vault in Inventor (2nd pic) there are controls to get the version you want complete with the children also at the released state. You haven't mentioned the Vault version you're using. The below pics are for 2014.

Note that there was a change in the default action of Release Bias between 2013 and 2014 when using Open From Vault in Inventor. In 2014 it defaults (and seems sticky) at Non-Released Bias which means that newer edits to files will be opened. I believe this is completely wrong and have to keep on changing this setting.

vault_get_checkout.jpg

open_from_vault.jpg

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 6 of 6
BartS83
in reply to: brendan.henderson

Thanks for your help!

That did the job... 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report