Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

banksae
Message 1 of 4 (1,337 Views)

Automatic Constraints still not working (Inventor 2011)

1337 Views, 3 Replies
06-15-2011 01:04 PM

Worked until recently.  I have tried all previously suggested solutions and read links to this problem but still can not get automatic constraints working again.  Constraint Inference and Persistence are on as is Persistent Dimension.  Any other suggestions? 

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 2 of 4 (1,331 Views)

Re: Automatic Constraints still not working (Inventor 2011)

06-15-2011 01:44 PM in reply to: banksae

What about Constraint Options?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
banksae
Message 3 of 4 (1,311 Views)

06-15-2011 08:55 PM in reply to: JDMather

They were all checked.  While waiting for reply, I checked another computer that was creating automatic constraints.  I copied all drawing, sketch, and part options.  Somehow that unchecked all my constraint options.  When I choose all constraint options again, automatic constraints were enabled.  I went back to toggle application options one at a time to see if I could recreate the problem - I could not.  I'm not sure what I did or undid originally and I wonder if there was a specific combination that caused the problem.  However, everything is back on track and I'm back to work.  Thank you for your help!

CRASHMYCOMPUTER
Message 4 of 4 (1,097 Views)

05-15-2012 04:07 PM in reply to: banksae

i was having the same problem and i found the solution

hover over the borowser and right click, go down to "constraing options" and make sure everything is selected.

good luck

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.