Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOMATED REVISION BLOCK

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
msklein
732 Views, 8 Replies

AUTOMATED REVISION BLOCK

I'm doing up a new templet for a special project that has to have both a customer revision block and then our standard revision block. Can I make both revision blocks smart?  If I reassign an Iproperty to be used as the second rev box and create a second custom revision block will they link together and not effect my standard revision block and rev box?

THANKS

MSK

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: msklein

MSK,

I just went through something very similar to what you are asking.

What we did was have data cards drive our drawings.  Are you using the vault?

Are you looking for the revision block to be driven by the vault?  Because I have noticed

issues with that.  What I discovered was that my revision no matter how I last check it into the vault,

when the properties were updated would automatically bump the last revision in the block to the newly changed one

coming out of the vault if the state was changed.  I hope this makes sense to you.

Anyway I ended up removing this linked revision property from the rev table and just creating another one that is totally manual.  You might want to consider this being manual.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: Cadmanto

Here is the link to the revision problem I had.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Changing-the-Inventor-Revision-Table-Rev-Link/td-p/3...

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 4 of 9
msklein

Thanks, haven't gone to that version of Vault yet, and only our revision block needs to drive the title block,. have that working. Right now is the customer rev block seams not to hold to the dimensional numbers upon insertion and only shows up on sheet 1 of format. Need to take another look at where I messed up. Customer revisions switch from alpha to numerical so auto indexing not viable as I see it anyway. will look and see at what you gave and hopefully some will help.

thanks

msk

Message 5 of 9
Cadmanto

I would take a look at these settings to see what is driving each column

rev.JPG

You might have to create a seperate property for the customer rev and have that be a manual input in the iproperties.  As far as the revision block duplicated on a different sheet it doesn't surprise me that this can't happen.  When it comes to revisions that are driven this could make a complicated mess.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 6 of 9
msklein

IT'S THE row height's, that are my big probem not the iproperties.

thanks

Message 7 of 9
Cadmanto

The row heights are determined by a combination of the text height and the number of text rows within the cell.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 9
msklein

Right and mine for some reason are not holding, upon inserting as new drawing. The original templet has the correct numbers. For they change to some new dim, same every time and not matching anything elese.

Message 9 of 9
Cadmanto

What version are you running and service pack?

Did this just start happening? 

Are your BOM's inbred into your drawing templates?

Just trying to narrow down possible reasons this might be happening.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report