Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
edarlak
Message 1 of 7 (340 Views)

Autodesk Privacy Policy and welcome screen on every startup

340 Views, 6 Replies
12-19-2013 05:38 AM

I just upgraded 17 workstations to Product Design Suite 2014.

On one of the workstations, the Autodesk privacy policy and the welcome screen pop up on every startup.  I even tried running it as administrator first, but no matter what I do, those screens keep popping upm highly annoying for the user.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled the entore product design suite, this did not solve the issue.

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 2 of 7 (308 Views)

Re: Autodesk Privacy Policy and welcome screen on every startup

12-19-2013 09:29 AM in reply to: edarlak

If this is only happening on one machine only, when you installed the software, did you do a clean uninstall before the upgrade?

If not you might want to completely uninstall all Autodesk software (including the registry) and then do the complete install.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2014
(Colossians 3:23-25)

edarlak
Message 3 of 7 (304 Views)

12-19-2013 09:38 AM in reply to: Cadmanto

To not interrupt workflow, I am leaving 2013 software on the workstations until I get the latest version of the vault server setup, then we will all start using 2014, and I will go back and uninstall the 2013 software. I do not want to unistall all the autodesk software. 

Yes, this is only happening on one machine, very frustrating...

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 4 of 7 (301 Views)

12-19-2013 09:45 AM in reply to: edarlak

My guess is that somewhere in their registry this is causing the screens to keep showing up.

What sounds strange is that screens like these usually give the option to click a "Do not show this again" button.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

edarlak
Message 5 of 7 (299 Views)

12-19-2013 09:48 AM in reply to: Cadmanto

"What sounds strange is that screens like these usually give the option to click a "Do not show this again" button."

They both have check boxes yes, but the choices are not "sticking"  That's why I tried to run as administrator first, but still didn't work.

sigh

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 6 of 7 (294 Views)

12-19-2013 09:52 AM in reply to: edarlak

Weird!!!

I would when you do get to the point where you can uninstall the 2013 version do that on this one machine only so that there is no Autodesk software loaded then install 2014 and see if this fixes the issue.  This would include cleaning out the registry of all autodesk settings.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

JesseSpringer
Message 7 of 7 (71 Views)

10-02-2014 02:07 PM in reply to: edarlak
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.