Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Privacy Policy and welcome screen on every startup

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
edarlak
2641 Views, 21 Replies

Autodesk Privacy Policy and welcome screen on every startup

I just upgraded 17 workstations to Product Design Suite 2014.

On one of the workstations, the Autodesk privacy policy and the welcome screen pop up on every startup.  I even tried running it as administrator first, but no matter what I do, those screens keep popping upm highly annoying for the user.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled the entore product design suite, this did not solve the issue.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
Cadmanto
in reply to: edarlak

If this is only happening on one machine only, when you installed the software, did you do a clean uninstall before the upgrade?

If not you might want to completely uninstall all Autodesk software (including the registry) and then do the complete install.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 22
edarlak
in reply to: Cadmanto

To not interrupt workflow, I am leaving 2013 software on the workstations until I get the latest version of the vault server setup, then we will all start using 2014, and I will go back and uninstall the 2013 software. I do not want to unistall all the autodesk software. 

Yes, this is only happening on one machine, very frustrating...

Message 4 of 22
Cadmanto

My guess is that somewhere in their registry this is causing the screens to keep showing up.

What sounds strange is that screens like these usually give the option to click a "Do not show this again" button.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 22
edarlak
in reply to: Cadmanto

"What sounds strange is that screens like these usually give the option to click a "Do not show this again" button."

They both have check boxes yes, but the choices are not "sticking"  That's why I tried to run as administrator first, but still didn't work.

sigh

Message 6 of 22
Cadmanto

Weird!!!

I would when you do get to the point where you can uninstall the 2013 version do that on this one machine only so that there is no Autodesk software loaded then install 2014 and see if this fixes the issue.  This would include cleaning out the registry of all autodesk settings.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 22
JesseSpringer
Message 8 of 22
adam.abernathy

I have this same issue and it is across multiple operating systems.  The link to the article is useless for me because the files that are to be deleted are not even present on my computer.  This happens on AutoCAD for Mac 2022 and Inventor 2023.

Message 9 of 22

Hi Adam,

The privacy dialog has evolved over time. The old article may not apply to newer version of Autodesk products. Here is a process you may want to try and see if it works.

1) Close all the Autodesk products.
2) Kill the ADPClient process (Task Manager -> Processes).
3) Rename the folder "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ADPSDK"
4) Start Inventor.

Does it work better now?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 22
adam.abernathy

That seems to have fixed my issue.  Thanks for your reply

Message 11 of 22

Hi Adam,

Do you mind elaborating what exactly worked for you? Did you follow the steps that I outlined above?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 12 of 22
Ed.Jobe
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi Johnson, It didn't fix it for me. The dialog with the spinner still shows. Running 2023.1.

Ed

EESignature

Message 13 of 22
adam.abernathy

Steps I took:

* Killed all Autodesk services via Task Manager

* renamed C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ADPSDK 

* started Inventor and click ok on Privacy dialog box

This worked for the first start of inventor but if I close inventor and reopen the privacy dialog pops up.  

Message 14 of 22
Message 15 of 22

That xml file is not even on my machine so it is not a valid solution for me

Message 16 of 22
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: Ed.Jobe

This issue (INVGEN-63227) seems to be solved for Inventor 2023 on September 16 with Udpate.1.1 

Message 17 of 22

Update 1.1 didn't solve this for me.  Actually broke my altium tools that I use and still have the privacy pop up every time I open inventor. 

Message 18 of 22

I can neither confirm nor discredit effectiveness of Update 1.1 regarding subject issue as It was solved for me earlier (see my previous post here).
... just shared it here as soon as read Update's description.
I'd recommend you open new thread and rise it to Inventor dev team with "Need An Answer" button. 

Message 19 of 22
m.stricklandKB5FB

Just in case it is any use to anyone else;

I was getting this effect when opening Autodesk Inventor Professional 2021 (I've just started using this software, it was recently installed on this machine for me by my employer);

If I just launched Inventor it was constantly giving me that privacy prompt.

However, I found that when I launched the Autodesk Desktop App, that also gave me a privacy prompt, *but* once I'd acknowledged it in there, I no longer got the prompt in Inventor, for whatever reason (maybe this is associated with the account that is logged in, not the local install - I don't know). Just sharing in case that's worth trying for anyone else

Message 20 of 22

Launching the desktop app and agreeing to the privacy statement there fixed the issue for me where the privacy settings would come up EVERY time I opened inventor. Thank you so so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report