Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor wont install - error 1308

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
junkaphobia
4678 Views, 4 Replies

Autodesk Inventor wont install - error 1308

It is not the first part of the error message

it is error 1308 Sourcefile not found program Program files\autodesk\inventor 2013\catalog\desktop.ini

I have tried EVRYTHING read the clean uninstall procedure, used the auto remove progrmam you make, used registry cleaners, removed every autodesk product.

I am at my wits end cant the write the words I want to say about this but I need a solution. Before I have to either do with out or reload windows.

Help

Asrock z77 extreme9 | Intel i7 3770K 3.5 | Win 7 64 bit | (4) EVGA GTX 690 | Apple Cinema Display | LEPA G1600W PSU | 16GB Ram | Storm Trooper Case | Tripp-Lite 1600W UPS | Autodesk Inventor | 3DS Max | Cinema 4D R14 Broadcast
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: junkaphobia

Looks like registry entries, you have followed the installation requirements.

1.) Logged in with Administrative Privledges

2.) UAC slider set to lowest setting

3.) Some Anti-Virus software may require to be turned off and it's services stopped

4.) You are current on on O/S updates and hot-fixes

5.) .NET 4.5 is installed on the system

Possibly corrupt installation media...

Possible corrupt user profile.

create a new user on your computer (admininstrator) reboot log in as new user

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
junkaphobia

It was a great suggestion but the exact same error message...what on earth now?

Asrock z77 extreme9 | Intel i7 3770K 3.5 | Win 7 64 bit | (4) EVGA GTX 690 | Apple Cinema Display | LEPA G1600W PSU | 16GB Ram | Storm Trooper Case | Tripp-Lite 1600W UPS | Autodesk Inventor | 3DS Max | Cinema 4D R14 Broadcast
Message 4 of 5
junkaphobia
in reply to: blair

By the way I did follow all your instructions. As far as the install I also own 2012 and tried to install it and it gave the same message.

Message 5 of 5
junkaphobia

Hmm, lloks like it may have been the installer after all I tried it on my other computer and got the same message. I will consider this solved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report