Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor Suite 2009 Disc Set

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
hawkerxj
1057 Views, 6 Replies

Autodesk Inventor Suite 2009 Disc Set

Does anyone have spare discs for Inventor Suite 2009? I recently convinced the boss to upgrade our 6 year old workstations, but we don't plan on upgrading the software until next year. I don't want to have these new workstations sitting here and getting obsolete before we get to use them due to misplaced discs. I believe I can use the portable license utility to move the license over once I have the software installed. I asked our reseller but they don't support versions more than 3 years back. Thanks,
Inventor 2009 SP2
XP64
Xeon 5140
8GB Ram
GTX460
Hopefully Soon
Windows 7 Pro 64
i7-4790k
16Gb ram
GTX760
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: hawkerxj

You probably won't even be able to use the license utility to move it.  Autodesk 2009 products are long retired and they are not supported on Windows 7 or 8.x.  I suspect if you even tried to activate it with new replacement discs, you'd get an invalid serial number error.  Perhaps it is time to upgrade the software.  Since upgrades are going away in February, this is a good time to press the point with the boss.  And in my opinion, you should network activate the licenses so that you won't have to worry about moving licenses from old machines or activating ever again. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
hawkerxj
in reply to: TravisNave

We are currently running IV2009 (3 suite and 1 Pro) on 4 computers, 2 of which are on Windows 7 Pro 64, the other 2 are XP64.  Although there were some difficulties installing the software on win 7, it does work well with a couple workarounds.  I used the portable liscense untility when we added upgraded to windows 7 pro and it worked with no problems.   We are now replacing one XP and one of the Win7 machines. 

We recently purchased a server as well, so I would agree network licensing would be the way to go, but it is not in the cards to get new IV 2015 for this year. 

I realize that upgrades are going away, believe me, I've looked into it. But that does not necessarily mean that they will not be offering incentives for companies using obsolete versions. For example, Inventor 2008 is not eligible for upgrade, but they are currently offering a discount if you trade in Inventor 2008 or earlier version and purchase 2015 with subscription. 

So my options now are to buy the install discs for a small fee and try it, or am stuck using an old computer until at least spring.   

Thanks,

Mike

Inventor 2009 SP2
XP64
Xeon 5140
8GB Ram
GTX460
Hopefully Soon
Windows 7 Pro 64
i7-4790k
16Gb ram
GTX760
Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

You might try eBay.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
hawkerxj

I did, $30 for discs, but I was outbid at the last minute. Nothing has come up since.

Inventor 2009 SP2
XP64
Xeon 5140
8GB Ram
GTX460
Hopefully Soon
Windows 7 Pro 64
i7-4790k
16Gb ram
GTX760
Message 6 of 7
TravisNave

You might try calling other resellers. Sometimes they hold onto that stuff.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 7
hawkerxj

I will give that a try.

Thanks,

Mike

Inventor 2009 SP2
XP64
Xeon 5140
8GB Ram
GTX460
Hopefully Soon
Windows 7 Pro 64
i7-4790k
16Gb ram
GTX760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report