Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor related jobs?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3603 Views, 5 Replies

Autodesk Inventor related jobs?

Hello Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I am completely new to Autodesk Inventor family and was curious what sort of jobs are there for people specializing in Autodesk Inventor? Is it any different than AutoCAD jobs? Most of the people I know have heard of AutoCAD but not of Inventor. Is Autodesk Inventor only useful for medium to large corporate projects or are there people who use it for small personal projects too?

Thanks,

Sahat

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Most of the people I know have heard of AutoCAD but not of Inventor.  

Thanks,

Sahat

I teach AutoCAD, Inventor, SolidWorks and Pro/E.
Most of my students use Inventor, SolidWorks or Pro/E when they graduate.   Most use Inventor or SolidWorks.

A few end up using AutoCAD if they can't find something else.  This past spring was surprisingly good (vs my expectations) in placement rate considering the poor economy that we are supposed to be in.

The companies range from very small (1 designer) to very large.

Many of the positions that were placed as AutoCAD were actually Inventor.  Seems that most HR people have heard of AutoCAD but not aware of the difference between AutoCAD and Inventor.  Autodesk muddied the distinction (I suspect on purpose) by renaming the product suite "AutoCAD Inventor" last year.

If I were looking for a mechanical design field position (under whatever other names it might include) I would respond to AutoCAD listings as well and see what they are actually using.  A good number of my students have been interviewed to find out, "We have Inventor but haven't really incorporated it into our workflow."  A great ground floor opportunity for a beginner that can impress the boss.  Beginners don't usually get such an opportunity to influence the future of a company.  Takes a good head though, the dead wood might not be receptive....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
mies07
in reply to: JDMather

Mr. Mather:

I know this is an old thread, but hopefully you will be notified that there was a reply -

We are currently seeking to staff up (3-4 people) for a very intense, very large high profile project in the Museum Exhibit industry (Washington, D.C. area)that will last for at least 6 months. Our primary platform is Inventor with some support for sketch geometry developed in Autocad, specifically geared to casework, mechanical interactives, and media installations, using skeletal modeling and iLogic.

I am having difficulty finding recruiters and job seekers to accomplish this - most (recruiters) are not aware that Inventor even exists. I know it is used a lot in the furniture and cabinet making industry, so someone with cabinet/Inventor experience would be ideal. Architectural background also a plus.

Any job boards, recruiters, etc. you could point us towards?

Thanks,

Message 4 of 6
rdyson
in reply to: mies07

Message 5 of 6
richiesuk

PM sent, please check your inbox

Regards,

Ric

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Dear Sir,

I am Gokulnath from India. I have read your content. I understood what your requirements.I know this is old message when your post 2014.

I am working cabinet, Human scale, Furniture domain, curing design machine, these types of domain designing in Autodesk inventor software. 

I have 7 years of experience in design and development. Especially 5 years of experience in Autodesk inventor software. 

I know the Autodesk version 2010,2011,2012,2013,2014,2015 and 2016.

I am seeking job Right now. If you have available job in your company please let me know.

My mail ID: t.r.gokulnath@gmail.com

My Skype ID: t.r.gokulnath

Thanks,

Gokulnath

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report