Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor Proffesional VBA7 error

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
maxthorpe
1846 Views, 11 Replies

Autodesk Inventor Proffesional VBA7 error

I have seen the solution to the VBA7 problem in the link below but I do not know how to implement it, what is inventor source media?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21910314&linkID=9242018

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
-niels-
in reply to: maxthorpe

Welcome to the forum!

By "source media" they mean the items used to install inventor, so that's either the downloaded product files or the USB drive if you requested one.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 12
maxthorpe

I still don't understand what to do. by download product files do you mean the files on my computer related to Autodesk inventor? Am I supposed to download a VBA7 file to replace the one Office deleted? 

Message 4 of 12
-niels-

I meant the files you used to install inventor with. (containing the setup.exe)

The files you need are there in the path described on the support page you found.

I've made a quick video using my USB media and selecting the 64 bit folder.

If you need the 32 bit version, go to the x86 subfolder instead.

http://screencast.com/t/e3gBgYBHMf

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 5 of 12
ah64_girl
in reply to: -niels-

I have similar problem although in my situation, it's because I don't even have that "3rdParty" folder you mention and show in your video. I started with the trial version, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I guess I may need to ask for a USB version? Otherwise, do you know where I can just download that VBA7 file or can you email it to me?
Message 6 of 12
-niels-
in reply to: ah64_girl

Welcome to the forum!
Can you give a bit more information?
Which trial version?

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 7 of 12
ah64_girl

The 2014 Professional Version, I now am an A&P student, so I was able to get the 36 month license.  I entered the Serial Number and Product Key, updated it, and downloaded the tools.  Let me show you what I see when I pull up the folder:

Capture Autodesk Folder.PNG

It's similar to what I see in other's but absolutely no 3rdPart Folder.  In fact, if I look in the search bar of the start menu, I don't have VBA7 at all, I found a couple other versions of VBA but neither of them solve the issue:

Search for VBA.png

Message 8 of 12
-niels-
in reply to: ah64_girl

Hmm, i'm not sure why you don't have the folder... maybe the student version (?) doesn't have it.

Anyway, send me a PM with your email and the version you need (32 or 64bit) and i'll send you the file(s).

EDIT

Autodesk has updated the KB article, you can now download the files there

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 9 of 12
cmiles

I have the same problem with the VBA failed after I install office on my PC.  I downloaded inventor product design suite premium from autodesk. I am an inventor user not a computer geek, so things have to be spelled out for me.  I do not have source media on  USB stick.  What steps do I need to do inorder to get this fixed?

Message 10 of 12
-niels-
in reply to: cmiles

Apparently the link to the KB article is no longer valid with the update to the new knowledge site.

Here is the new link.

As far as spelling it out; download the file, close inventor, install the appropriate version from the downloaded file and you should be up and running again.

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 11 of 12
Nelson_C
in reply to: -niels-

I'm having the same problem here...VBA won't initiallize. I've downloaded the MSI files, installed the VBA610....files and the VBA7 files....no change in behaviour. Am I missing something??
Message 12 of 12
rschader
in reply to: Nelson_C

I recently had the same issues. VBA7 seemed to uninstall / reinstall with no errors or warnings, but refused to work (did get rid of the error message, but macros or editor would still not run) until I checked the event viewer, and found some warnings about attempting to modify protected areas of the registry. So then I figured I would start and administrator command prompt, and just execute the MSI file (I used the one ending in 1033 for english) in that. Got alot more success info in the event viewer and it worked like a charm!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report