Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor Pro 2014 Self-Extract error

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
permirror
23973 Views, 25 Replies

Autodesk Inventor Pro 2014 Self-Extract error

Hello everybody, I have been download Autodesk Inventor professional 2014 from Autodesk Students website, but when I install, the error occurs: "Product download consists of multiple files. At least one file is missing or has not been download yet". I have been tried to download 2 or 3 times.But I still got same clues. Could you help me?Capture.PNG

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
JDMather
in reply to: permirror

You might try here

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

if you are using the auto-downloader you might instead try downloading the install file with your browser.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 26
scottmoyse

I got this error a number of times when I used the browser download method. In the end I got the Factory Design Suite downloaded error free using the direct links from my browser.

But the Product Design Suite kept doing what you've shown, I downloaded it 3 times in total. In the end of got the PrDS downloaded using the Download Manager instead of the direct links. The key to getting the DL manager to work is to make sure it's not blocked by any firewalls in your network.

So the DL manager didn't work at my workplace, but it did when I used it from home.

Oh & this seems to be random, I sent the same PrDS download links which were problematic for me, to someone else and they downloaded them error free.

Unfortunately there's no way around your error other than downloading it again. Sorry..

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 4 of 26
permirror

I have been contacted with Autodesk Community Support, they said they will troubleshoot this issue and will provide exact solution. So I think, I just waiting! Thank everyone!

Message 5 of 26
mrattray

Sometimes I forget that it comes as several files, and when I get 4 download pop-ups I cancel the extra three thinking it's a glitch. You have to actually accept four different browser downloads.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 26
JoelBradley
in reply to: mrattray

Thanks, Mike!  That fixed it for me (I'm installing Building Design Suite Premium).

It should have occurred to me to look closer at the multiple 'save' dialogs that popped up, but I just thought it was a glitch with the site.  On closer inspection, each filename suggests file # of 4:

..._001_004.sfx.exe

..._002_004.sfx.exe

..._003_004.sfx.exe

..._004_004.sfx.exe

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Joel

Message 7 of 26
milend

Hello,

If you choose to use Browser download method,

please make sure that the pop-up blocker of your browser is completely turned off

(or at least is turned off for autodesk web site)

There are 3 separate files to be downloaded:

Autodesk_PRDSS_2014_Enu_Win_64bit_dlm_001_003.sfx.exe

Autodesk_PRDSS_2014_Enu_Win_64bit_dlm_002_003.sfx.exe

Autodesk_PRDSS_2014_Enu_Win_64bit_dlm_003_003.sfx.exe

Only when all the 3 files are downloaded to your computer and they are in the same folder, you can proceed with installation!

Hope this helps!

Message 8 of 26
bcbbc67
in reply to: milend

Hey i have the same error with my PC (Dell insprion 17 CORE i3 processor, Windows 8.1) I know it will run on my PC but when i download it i only get the Autodesk_Inventor_2014_Eng_64bit_dlm_001_002.sfx.exe file and no others. I am using Google Chrome and the browser download. 

Message 9 of 26
farbodsalamat
in reply to: bcbbc67

I'm having exactly the same issue. I first tryed the 'Install Now' option, and the installation kept failing. If I remember correctly, the installation log mentioned something about not being able to download the materials library, then aborted the installation.
Then I tried the 'Browser Download' option. It just downloaded one file - 'Autodesk_Inventor_2014_Eng_64bit_dlm_001_002.sfx.exe'.
I click this after the download completes and it gives me that self-extract error.

By the way, my computer is a:
Dell Inspiron 15z Ultrabook
Intel Core i7-3537U
8GB RAM

Windows 8.1 64-bit

Someone please help.

Thanks

Message 10 of 26
t_lang
in reply to: farbodsalamat

I have the exact same issue. I previously tried the "Install Now" but I would get a popup saying "Network Error" not long after I click the .exe file. It isn't my firewall or anti-virus software, as I have tried disabling both. I then tried the browser download for the 2nd time. It gives me the auto extract error saying what the original poster took a screenshot of. The only file that was downloaded is Autodesk_Inventor_2014_Eng_64bit_dlm_001_002.sfx.exe.

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite C-50-A-03F and I used Google Chrome for the browser download.

Intel i3, 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Message 11 of 26
nils1289

Hello, I found a solution. You'll just need this two files. Open this two links below and the download will start. You can change the language replacing "Eng" for the language you want. Put the files in a seperate folder and doubleclick the first. The error is gone.

It has worked fine on my computer.

http://trial.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET3/2014/INVNTOR/DLM/Autodesk_Inventor_2014_Eng_64bit_dlm_001_002.sf...

http://trial.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET3/2014/INVNTOR/DLM/Autodesk_Inventor_2014_Eng_64bit_dlm_002_002.sf...

Message 12 of 26
malte.mahnke
in reply to: milend

Where do i get these files without downloading the full program again ?
Message 13 of 26
malte.mahnke
in reply to: nils1289

It doesn't work..
It#s the same error like every time.
It need some files, which i haven't got.
Message 14 of 26
bcbbc67

Ok here is what i did:

When Prompted, I used the DOWNLOAD NOW Opiton, Which will install the Autodesk Download Manager (Only if you dont have it) After it is done, it should download all the files from there.

If you already have it, Then just simply click the Download Now opiton and the manager should open

Have Fun Inventing!

Message 15 of 26
skt250
in reply to: farbodsalamat

http://trial.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET3/2014/INVNTOR/DLM/Autodesk_Inventor_2014_Eng_64bit_dlm_002_002.sf...

This is the link to the 2nd file. Download it. Put it in the same folder as the first file and extract.
Message 16 of 26
krishna_981
in reply to: skt250

awesome work...thank you
its working now
Message 17 of 26

I am reciving this same error but am only reciving 1 file. Tried re-downloading several times and still got the error. Any ideas?

Message 18 of 26
f.obelenis

Hello Guys i had the same problem and i think i fixed it. Thats a problem with the popup blocker from the browser. The inventor downloads 2 files, then the popup is blocking the other one...

What i did was to copy the link address wich ends with

DLM/Autodesk_Inventor_2015_English_Win_64bit_dlm_001_002.sfx.exe

and changed it to

DLM/Autodesk_Inventor_2015_English_Win_64bit_dlm_002_002.sfx.exe

hope it helps...

Message 19 of 26
fantom006
in reply to: nils1289

it works

thanksssssssss

Message 20 of 26
jameshbabu

the solution is rather simple. when you give browser download most probably you are going to get only 1 file.

now look at the file name. for Eg: inventor 2015 the name of the first file looks like

Autodesk_Inventor_2015_English_Win_64bit_R1_dlm_001_002.sfx.exe

and the download link will be something like this : h**p://edutrial.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET4/2015/INVNTOR/DLM/Autodesk_Inventor_2015_English_Win_64bit_R1_dlm_001_002.sfx.exe

now if you look at the right hand side of name (highlighted in RED ) we have "001_002" which means we need two files and this is first part.

To get the second part just change the 001 into 002 in the download link. like below: 

h**p://edutrial.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET4/2015/INVNTOR/DLM/Autodesk_Inventor_2015_English_Win_64bit_R1_dlm_002_002.sfx.exe

put both files in same folder and we are done !!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report