Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor Pro 2013 question?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
trever.bair
375 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Inventor Pro 2013 question?

I'm about to download the Autodesk Inventor Pro 2013 on my laptop for school and I had a quick question. My school has Autodesk Inventor Pro 2011 and I was wondering that if I got the 2013 version would all the files from the 2013 work on the schools computers with the 2011 version? Or should I download the 2011 version?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhasell
in reply to: trever.bair

Trevor

In a nutshell, no, rather download 2011 for school, as there is no backward compatability.

You can export files files in SAT/STEP etc from 2013, but that is not really what you want in this situation.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 3 of 4
mflayler2
in reply to: trever.bair

You should download the 2011 version.  2013 is not directly backwards compatible with 2011, nor 2012 for that matter.  Usually schools are behind the latest versions even though they own them.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 4 of 4
trever.bair
in reply to: rhasell

Ok thanks! I wasn't for sure on what to get!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report