Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk inventor pro 2011

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
544 Views, 5 Replies

Autodesk inventor pro 2011

Hi,

Having a problem when in inventor presentation mode, basically I am trying to show an exploded diagram with different parts shown for an assembly operative, when I save the presentation after exploding my views it asks me to resolve a link which I do and then it loads and show me the exploded view I have made plus the rest of the model on top of that.

I have little knowledge of inventor and even less of exploding views so any help would be grateful.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
warrentdo
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Andy and welcome.

Can you show a screen dump that includes you browser?

Regards

Warren.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: warrentdo

yes.... when i ope the file it asks me to resolve 3 parts which i do manually.....

1.png

so when i resolce these links,( there is 3 of them) i get the message below.....

2.png

so i press yes and then it loads the presentation, but no as i left it, below is what it has loaded up this morning, however yesterday it was showing me the part which i had concentrated on plus a the frame, as you can see below it is showing just the operating system and there is no frame visable on the assembly or even in the browswer..

3.png

this might be a simple fix this might not be, as ive said im quite new to this software and still on a learning curve.

Thanks Andy

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Also, when i do not resolve the links i get this........the frame and operating system which is attached the the frame are no visable in the browswer only the operating system whihc is not connected to the frame is.....

4.png

Message 5 of 6
warrentdo

Well I think that the first thing that you need to do is sort out a project file that can search in the places that your models are.  Workgroup search paths

have a look at this link http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/enu?adskContextId=REDIRECT_IDD_FW_PROJECTS&language=ENU&release=2012&pr...

You simply cannot add parts to your model from lots of different directories unless your project file knows about them.

Repair your base IAM and make sure that you save it.

Then re-open your ipn and everything should be ok.

Regards

Warren.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: warrentdo

thanks for the reply Darren,

our system runs with a system called Adept which is a database which holds all of our drawings and models, this replacecs the project file......so i am told.....from what i know of Adept is that it pulls togeather all models required for that drawing....

ive got a feeling im going to have to email an adept helpdesk to get this sorted, unless you have a solution? or anyone else for that fact.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report