Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor 2013 Optimization and Update 1

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
exSWX
2271 Views, 13 Replies

Autodesk Inventor 2013 Optimization and Update 1

Hi,

I'm trying to run Optimization on a part using IV2013 with SP2.

I get the attached message.

VAR support suggested uninstalling all SP's and Updates, then installing SP2 again, but this didn't work and I still get the original message.

I'd thought about re-installing Update 1 but it has been removed from downloads section.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Autodesk Inventor 2021
Intel Xeon W3520 @ 2.67GHz
Win 10 Pro
6.7 System Rating
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Harrison_Luo
in reply to: exSWX

Hi,

Would you please tell us your install workflow (the order of SPs and Updates) ?

Thanks,

Harrison

Message 3 of 14
exSWX
in reply to: Harrison_Luo

Hi Harrison,

I'm not sure exactly the order of install as I tend to install updates when prompted by Autodesk.

From what I can find SP 2.0 was installed on 14/05/2013, SP1.1 installed 18/10/2012 and Update 1 before that.

Be interesting to see what you come up with as VAR has drawn a blank.

Autodesk Inventor 2021
Win 10 Pro
6.7 System Rating
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Message 4 of 14
Harrison_Luo

Hi,

We have validated that your issue can be reproducible with RTM + SP2 install workflow, SP2 missed a file that will update the one in RTM, please wait for the solution.

Sorry about that.

Thanks,

Harrison

Message 5 of 14
CSHPL_TSV_01

My problem is about the same but It pop a message asking me to install SP1.1 which I did, and now my update is SP2 but the optimization is still unable to work.

Message 6 of 14
Harrison_Luo
in reply to: CSHPL_TSV_01

Hi,

Does it ask you to install SP1.1 or Update1 ?

Message 7 of 14
CSHPL_TSV_01

Message : Update 1 for Inventor 2013 SP1.1 is required to keep using the Optimization service. Please go to www.autodesk.com/invopt2013update to get the update.

But the web address no longer available... thus I manually downloaded SP1.1 and SP2 to install but it still doesn't work.

Message 8 of 14
Harrison_Luo
in reply to: CSHPL_TSV_01

Hi,

So your problems are the same, sorry for the inconvenience, please wait for the solution

Message 9 of 14
exSWX

Is anything happening about this?

Autodesk Inventor 2021
Win 10 Pro
6.7 System Rating
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Message 10 of 14
DarrenP

here is the fix: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21881225&linkID=9242018&CMP=OTC-RSS...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 14
Inmaco
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi,

I have the same problem as above. The link you posted doesn't work anymore. Can you help me?

Message 12 of 14
blair
in reply to: Inmaco

Autodesk updated their website just a couple of weeks ago so all the old posted links no longer work. There are links at the bottom of this web page for Service Packs and Updates. If you are unable to navigate them I have included a link to the IV2013 page: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads#?ADSKContentGroup-local=Downloads&...

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 13 of 14
Inmaco

Hi,

I get this error message on inventor : Update 1 for Inventor 2013 SP1.1 is required to keep using the Optimization service. Please go to www.autodesk.com/invopt2013update to get the update.

I have installed the 2013 SP1.1 several times now but it still doesnt work. What can I do?

Message 14 of 14
blair

Was it running before? Was version of O/S are you on. Is there other updates available for your product that need to be installed as well.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report