Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor 2011 Installation File / Trial

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1696 Views, 6 Replies

Autodesk Inventor 2011 Installation File / Trial

Hello everybody,

Is there any way that I can download Autodesk Inventor 2011 trial version ? The oldest version provided in Autodesk Virtual Agent website is only version 2012. Please help...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jessica.t
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Unfortunately we only offer downloads up to three versions back from the current release which would be the 2012. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 7
mcgyvr

Whats wrong with newer versions?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

Well, I just wanted to test something out whether it works or not with the old version. It seems like for Inventor, only the latest version can open all old native files but for old version Inventor 2012 or older, it cannot open 2015 ipt file. Is there any other way to open it ?

Message 5 of 7
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I just wanted to test something out whether it works or not with the old version. It seems like for Inventor, only the latest version can open all old native files but for old version Inventor 2012 or older, it cannot open 2015 ipt file. Is there any other way to open it ?

You cannot and never have been able to open newer files with an older version..

Inventor is not backward compatible. 

The only way is to export as step or iges from the new version and open that file in the old version.. However you now are working with a "dumb/neutral" solid and no longer have access to the model tree/feature history. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Soy estudiante de la UNLP de Argentina La Plata y trabajan unicamente con Inventor 2011 por favor ayudenme, y pasenme un link de descarga! es la unica manera de poder cursar y aprobar esa materia.

Message 7 of 7
jessica.t

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Thank you for your inquiry but you may want to try posting in our Spanish Community! Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report