Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Design Suite Serial

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
311 Views, 5 Replies

Autodesk Design Suite Serial

Good Afternoon,

I'm a subsription user for Product Design Suite , i have been so for these last 5 years .

Yestarday i have tried to install Product Design Suite 2015 and alot of errors were being prompted ...  So we have deciced to give a fresh installation and the same errors persuid.  After the second day with no outcome we decided to install Design Suite 2014 , it was successfully installed but when we came to activate this product it was giving wrong serial number entered .....

Could someone from Autodesk please explain this , why should the system give me that i have entered a wrong serial key if i always used this serial key ?? 

Br 

Luke

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
chrisjuk12
in reply to: Anonymous

Luke,

Do you have screenshots of the errors you were getting?

Is your software a stand alone licence or network licence?

Did you disable antivirus, turn down user account controls and right click the setup.exe and click run as administrator? (Autodesk recommedation)

As you are on subscription your 2014 licence will have been included into your 2015 licence. All subscription customers have the latest software plus licences for 3 previous version all rolled into the one licence file so having a 2015 licence allow you to install 2014, 2013 and 2012 with the same number.

If you could upload some images of the installation errors you were seeing I may be able to help with those.

Regards,

Chris

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisjuk12

Regarding to the errors that i was getting no i dont have any screenshots will do so when i reinstall the 2015. 

Yes i have installed it as per Autodesk recommandation. This is a standalone license. 

I tried using the last Serial Number that was provided by autodesk, so basicily you are confirming that i can only use my software for 3years if i end my subscription am i right ?? 

The Fault that i'm getting with activation you can find it below ;

Enter Product Serial Number.

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)

Message 4 of 6
chrisjuk12

Hi,

Do you mean you tried using your 2015 serial and product key for your 2014 install? This will not work as you would have to inform Autodesk request a previous versions serial number. Your 2014 licence has been overwritten in a way by your 2015 licence although within the encripted data in the lic file it will still allow previous versions to run if they are already installed.

regarding subscription, in effect yes, what you are sying is true. When you are on subscription you can only run a particular software version for 4 years (current plus 3 previous versions), but if you are on subscription and you get new software each year then why woud you chose to run 4 year old software unless you had hardware limitations? and if you didnt want or couldnt upgrade your hardware then there is no reason to be on subscription

If you buy the software outright and are not on subscription then you can run that software for as long as you wish but it will only be supported by Autodesk for 4 years. so if you had Autodesk Inventor 2011 and a windows hotfix stopped the program from working then in theory - tough luck.

Can your hardware cope with the 2015 installation? have you checked its compatibility?

In my opinion (and presuming your hardware is capable) I would install 2015 following the guidelines previously mentioned and take notes or screenshots of the error and post them so that we can get them resolved and you back up and designing with the latest version.

Regrads,

Chris

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisjuk12

So you are saying that if we stopped paying today we cannot use it next year is this right? 

I am very angry at Autodesk, because one should not limit me when to install Autodesk if I have bought it ... my problem arose when there was a misunderstanding between my sales rep and Autodesk ...who ended in the middle?? ME! The client as I could not install older version because I cannot get the key knowing that I cannot access subscription centre, this is ridiculous….

Now going back.. I am trying to reinstall 2015 and this error appear could one help?    

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

No that isnt quite what I'm saying.

You are a subscription customer which means that for an annual fee you are entitled to the latest software version upon release each year. When the new software is released your subscription serial number is updated to the latest software version. This does not affect your currently installed software which you can use for as long as you please.

This means you can always have the latest software installed on your PC.

Because your serial number gets updated this does mean that your old serial number is no longer valid which only affects you if you wanted to install an older version which is why you got the error saying that it wasnt valid.

If you stopped paying subscription then your current latest version can be used for as long as you wish to use it but after 4 years Autodesk will not give technical support as they only support latest + 3 previous versions.

Regarding your install.

Firstly your user account must be administrator level.

Open the start menu and in the search box type 'UAC' - This will find the option for user account controls. Open this and set the slider to minimum (at the bottom)

Open the start menu and type 'services' - This will bring up the application to control what services are running on your PC. Find all the services relating to your anti virus and stop them all. If this worries you then disconnect from your network but most company servers have their own anti virus and firewall so this isnt very risky.

Open the installation media folder and right click on the setup.exe file and then click 'run as administrator'

The above three tasks allow the application to install without limitations which is advsed by Autodesk to install the software correctly.

During the installation do not include the service packs at this point, do this after a successful install using the Autodesk Application manager.

It is also advisable to uncheck the boxes next to the applications you do not use, they just add to the install time and take up space on your hardware.

Your software should install without issue if you follow this guide but if you still have trouble you can email me for a quick reply - chris_j_smith@hotmail

Regards,

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report