Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk and 3D Printing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
speterson
417 Views, 1 Reply

Autodesk and 3D Printing

Hello,

My school has won a grant to purchase a 3D printer but we must do some research before we can choose which printer to buy. The students use Autodesk Inventor to create 3D solid models.

We have the option to purchase the 3D Systems Cube or Makerbot Replicator 2. Obviously, the company awarding the grant would like us to purchase the cheaper 3D Systems Cube for $1,299.00. Which of these 2 3D printers is better to use with the Autodesk Inventor Software? Which printer requires less prepping of the files?

Thank you,

Sean

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mcgyvr
in reply to: speterson

There is nothing about using Inventor or any other 3d package for that matter that should influence your 3d printer decision.. They ALL can export to a 3d printer.. (STL or other file type)

Material choices/build resolution/consumable costs/additional equipment, build size,etc... <-- thats a few of the things that matter and should be investigated..

I HIGHLY suggest you simply google "how to choose a 3d printer" and come up with a spreadsheet to compare/contrast,etc...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report