Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad 2014 and inventor 2013

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jijun
163 Views, 2 Replies

autocad 2014 and inventor 2013

I made an assembly and a DWG drawing in Inventor.The DWG drawing from Inventor always stay in paper space. I could not make it to Model space. Also I could not copy and insert it to other dwg drawing in Autocad.  I want to manually modify it in AutoCAD. but I could not. Please help.

Jason

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
coreyparks
in reply to: jijun

The file is an Inventor DWG.  This is only able to be viewed in Autocad, not able to be modified.  If you want to modify drawing in Autocad you need to export and an AutoCAD DWG file.  This exported file will no longer be parametrically linked back to the Inventor file so any changes done will no be linked back to the Inventor model.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 3 of 3
mslosar
in reply to: coreyparks

There should be an options button when you choose export to AutoCAD DWG. (Don't choose Inventor DWG) The options will allow you to specify model space or paper space for your view. You can even select a base view and have it's model exported to model space.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report