Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto sizing sheets

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
SeitzStainlessInc
280 Views, 5 Replies

auto sizing sheets

Is there a way to have the sheet auto size to the object you're displaying? I'm new to Inventor, but it seems like a bad idea to scale the object to fit the frame instead of the other way around. The end result is nearly identical but the scale callouts under everything are ecessive when you start off scaling at the very start everytime.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: SeitzStainlessInc

I don't think so.  You can delete the scale from the view labels or turn them off.

Message 3 of 6

Edit your styles to have the view scale omitted.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 4 of 6

It's not AutoCAD, and most people don't have plotters anymore.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 6
rhasell
in reply to: SeitzStainlessInc

Hi

Perhaps I misunderstood your question. But you have to scale your views when you want to produce a hard copy print.

Most printers are either A3 or A4. How do you fit a 50m wide structure on an A3 piece of paper? I think it is easier to scale the views and move them around on the sheet, than to try and calculate the print scale from an auto scaled sheet of for example 50mx200m sheet.

Then you get detailed views that are of a greater scale, to show detail a bit more clearly, how is that managed?

If it's just the scale text below the view, then follow the previous comments to remove it from the views.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Paul-Mason
in reply to: rhasell

Inventor will auto-scale the fist placed view to the BEST in it opinion for the size paper that you have set in in the template.

To get a different scale view on a bigger sheet you need to change the sheet size BEFORE PLACING any views other wise you'll need to follow part the instruction further down on how to scale a view :-

1) Start a new IDW, you'll NOT have the 2014-Inch idw that's my custom template.

NEW IDW Dialog.png

2)

PM screen shot001.png

3) Select your required paper size.

PM screen shot002.png

Changing the active sheet size will ONLY affect the current IDW file any others created will STILL BE at the default sheet size.

Now if you wish to change the actual scale of the placed view, you need to select the fist view you placed

1)

PM screen shot003.png

2)

PM screen shot004.png

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report