Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Populate Table with Parameters

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wimann
1083 Views, 3 Replies

Auto Populate Table with Parameters

So there's probably a relatively easy way to do this but it's not something I have to do very often so here I am.

I've got an assembly with a few select parts that I would like to pull a few select parameters from to display in a table on a drawing.

I would like it if someone could instruct me on how I could have these parameters auto populate the table on my drawing.

I've attached an image of what I did as a work around which was to have a set of leaders auto populate then I use the text from the leaders to manually populate my table.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wimann
in reply to: wimann

I also feel I should note that I'm not asking that the table auto-generate or even auto-populate on placement. I'm thinking more along the lines of just linking the cells directly to the part file. As I was typing this, it occured to me that I could use an external excel spreadsheet to do this but I would rather not have to if I could avoid it.

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 3 of 4
4donwan4

There is nothing with the out of the box install that I can think of that would allow you to do this or what you are looking for. Consider posting this in the ideas forum for future release considerations.

Regards,

Don

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue

Hi! There are at least two possible solutions depending on what you really need. You can simply open each part and go to Manage -> Parameters section -> expand it -> Export to XML. Then all the parameters will be exported as an XML file. You can consolidate them from various parts in one Excel spreadsheet (Excel is capable of reading XML).

The other option is to do it in Drawing. In drawing view, you can create a text associated with a parameter in a part.

If you are VBA programming savy, you could do that via VBA or iLogic.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report