Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto desk inventor professional 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sbarzin
276 Views, 4 Replies

auto desk inventor professional 2013

I have a client which used to work on it. We moved the VM machine which they worked on to another host. Today I mode back the VM to the existing host and all the set up is right, Ethernet and USB controller, but when users want to attemt to open application they get an error and it asks for the machine name they have the license on. after entering the machine name the process restarts!

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: sbarzin

Did the license server get moved?   Does the server name and MAC address (of server) specified in the license file still match the server it resides on.   If nothing on the license server changed, can you ping the license server from that machine?

Message 3 of 5
sbarzin
in reply to: Anonymous

All the information on the license file is good. I also can ping the server from the client and vice versa.

They were god last week, we just had the server moved to another host and later we noticed it needs the dongle to validate the license and moved it back to the current server.

Thanks for your response and I'll be appreciate for you prompt answer

Message 4 of 5
sbarzin

For more info: when I enter the ipaddress or the name of the server the application is looking for I get this message:
"The FLEXnet license finder has completed. Press finish to return to the application" and after I hit finish agai to the first window:
"Please enter the server name to find the licensing data it needs"
Message 5 of 5
vex
Collaborator

I have received that error on occasion when I have to remote work (the application is loaded locally on my machine, but the flexnet server is at the office).  When I VPN and remote, it will work fine.  If I do not disengage/disconnect from the VPN correctly (IE I just shut down my machine) it locks the flexnet server and I will be unable to secure the licence until the server/service is restarted.  Once that is restarted I am good to go.

TL;DR: try restarting the Flexnet server/service.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report