Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor
rcmike
Message 1 of 5 (191 Views)

Auto Attach Detail Windows

191 Views, 4 Replies
03-29-2011 08:26 AM

Is there a way to Auto Attach a window when you create the detail view. I don't want to keep creating the view then have to turn around and attach it. That seams like way more steps than it should be.

Thanks,

Product Support
dave.anderson
Message 2 of 5 (174 Views)

Re: Auto Attach Detail Windows

03-30-2011 02:23 PM in reply to: rcmike

Are you referring to the option to change the Cutout Shape from Jagged to Smooth and use the Display Full Boundary Detail? This is the only thing I could think of that meets what I think you're attempting to do.

I believe you are asking if there's an option to set this as the default behavior. Please let me know if I misunderstood.

Dave Anderson
Premium Support Analyst – DLS Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.

If I have answered your question, please "Accept Solution" so others may benefit as well.
Valued Contributor
rcmike
Message 3 of 5 (160 Views)

03-31-2011 06:17 AM in reply to: dave.anderson

No I am not. I am talking about when you create a detail view it is either a circle or a rectangle. Then if I make a change to the size of the drawing the view does not stay in place unless I attach it. Is there a way to auto attach the views so when I change the model in size the view moves with the changes.

Product Support
dave.anderson
Message 4 of 5 (157 Views)

03-31-2011 06:49 AM in reply to: rcmike

Ah, I see now. You're spot on. Here's a link to the Product Feedback site where you can make this enhancement request: 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

I think having the option for a check box to Attach in the Detail View dialog box would be a great addition!!

Dave Anderson
Premium Support Analyst – DLS Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.

If I have answered your question, please "Accept Solution" so others may benefit as well.
Valued Mentor
salariua
Message 5 of 5 (99 Views)

01-23-2013 11:19 AM in reply to: rcmike

We shouldn't ask for it, it should have been available in the first place.

-----------
Adrian S. blog.ads-sol.com
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
-----------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 x64 Dell Z620 Workstation
Xeon 3.7GHz 32GB Ram Nvidia Quadro K5000
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!