Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU 2013!

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
kat.ingalls
838 Views, 26 Replies

AU 2013!

Hey guys! Who's planning on coming to AU (Autodesk University) this year? 

This is an annual event held in December in Las Vegas. AU is a gathering of an international community of engineers, designers, and industry & technology leaders and is a premier event for Autodesk users. There will be several classes dedicated to Inventor and you will have an opportunity to meet other Inventor users.  There will be more AU news coming to the forum as we get closer the the date.  You can get more information on AU at http://au.autodesk.com/las-vegas/overview.

If you are planning to be at AU (and you should be) plan an extra day to attend I3D as well.  More information here.

Cheers!

Kat

Kat

Fusion 360 Social & Community Manager
twitter: @adskFusion360
facebook: /fusion360
26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
cbenner
in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

@GSE_Dan_A wrote:

Would be awfully nice to go to one of these, but I don't think I have the chance to.  Working for a  small company, its not easy to convince the boss to put up funds for these types of things. To those that are going, have fun and share your experience!

Tell your boss that one good idea broght home from AU can pay for the whole thing.  Not to mention the great networking opportunities.

Message 22 of 27
pball
in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

Yeah sadly I'm in the same boat. The owner here won't let us do any training or even let us get second monitors. It's funny how a business person can over look a return on investment on some things.
Message 23 of 27
GSE_Dan_A
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks Chris I will give it a shot.  Perhaps I should make a mini presentation outlining the benefits of attending one of these sesstions.  As a user with only 2 years experience (and very little training- 1 week course through Imaginit), it may be worthwhile for my company to invest a little more into Inventor and its only user... right?!

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 24 of 27
blair
in reply to: cbenner

Perhaps a spread sheet showing what a 15 minute gain in productivity each day is worth over one year.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 25 of 27
dgorsman
in reply to: blair

'Only' about 3%.  Gotta remember, while the saved time adds up the total overall time adds up as well, so the numbers stay relatively constant with respect to each other.  The *real* time savings come from the answers to "How the *#$*#$ do I implement ____" and "Why can't I do ____" type questions which can be addressed by the dedicated subject matter experts.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 26 of 27
blair
in reply to: dgorsman

A simple 15 minutes or 3% a day will total to over $3,000.00 a year with an internal costing of $50.00 / hr.

Something as simple as setting up Templates correctly or the Style manager will save that much each day, let alone getting into complex models and as posted ("How the *#$*#$ do I implement ____" and "Why can't I do ____").

I just pulled the 15 minutes per day, every day as a quick example, let alone having to redo a major project. I look at my early models and shudder to think how inefficient they were from a modeling perspective.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 27 of 27
dgorsman
in reply to: blair

To keep that $3000 in perspective, it doesn't look quite so big compared to $100 000 for total hours over the same year.  Everything counts, but a manager isn't likely to take that value alone as reason to send someone off to Vegas 🙂

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report