Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU 2013!

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
kat.ingalls
838 Views, 26 Replies

AU 2013!

Hey guys! Who's planning on coming to AU (Autodesk University) this year? 

This is an annual event held in December in Las Vegas. AU is a gathering of an international community of engineers, designers, and industry & technology leaders and is a premier event for Autodesk users. There will be several classes dedicated to Inventor and you will have an opportunity to meet other Inventor users.  There will be more AU news coming to the forum as we get closer the the date.  You can get more information on AU at http://au.autodesk.com/las-vegas/overview.

If you are planning to be at AU (and you should be) plan an extra day to attend I3D as well.  More information here.

Cheers!

Kat

Kat

Fusion 360 Social & Community Manager
twitter: @adskFusion360
facebook: /fusion360
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
LT.Rusty
in reply to: kat.ingalls

I wish.

I got to go last year, though, so that means that it's someone else's turn this year.  Looks like my turn will come up again in 2015.  Maybe.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 3 of 27
JDMather
in reply to: LT.Rusty

@LT.Rusty wrote:

I wish.

I got to go last year, though, so that means that it's someone else's turn this year.  Looks like my turn will come up again in 2015.  Maybe.

Maybe if we start taking up collections for answering questions here.....    Smiley Sad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 27
Cadmanto
in reply to: JDMather

If that is the case then I have to be in!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

I asked my boss and it was a big thumbs down!!!  Smiley Sad

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 27
kat.ingalls
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hey Scott! Just out of curiosity, why the thumbs down? (P.S. I'm sure you've seen this already but JIC: http://au.autodesk.com/las-vegas/benefits)
Kat

Message 6 of 27
cbenner

For what it is worth, I'll be there again this year. Number 4 for me. Focusing on Vault and customization concepts this year. Autolisp and iLogic. And hanging out with friends from AUGI as well as meeting as many folks from here as I can.
Message 7 of 27
Ryan.Martinez

Me!

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 8 of 27
kat.ingalls
in reply to: Ryan.Martinez

Hoorah! Excited to see you both there. I'll be with the Fusion team, but Fusion & Inventor are buds 🙂

Kat

Message 9 of 27
PaulMunford

I'll be there. I'm presenting an inventor class - but I'll be rooting for F360 too!

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 10 of 27
blair

I'll be there as well, taking some Sim-Mech and Showcase classes.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 27
riff62

Its been a bit of a struggle, but I will be there again this year as well...Looking forward to meeting more people this year. Last year was my first year, and I was alittle overwhelmed..

Since everyone in my immediate family will be working on Thanksgiving through the weekend, (Nursing and Retail) I will be leaving on Turkey day and coming back on the 6th. A few extra days to...uh..attend bible study..Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 27
cbenner
in reply to: PaulMunford

What class are you teaching, Paul?  I think I looked at it, but it seems like it didn't fit my schedule... might have to check it out online after the conference.

Message 13 of 27
mpatchus

Looks like my boss has had a change of heart and given me the okay to attend this year.

(Actually I think he got a free pass and found out he couldn't fit it in his schedule.)

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 14 of 27
JDMather
in reply to: riff62

@riff62 wrote:
 A few extra days to...uh..attend bible study..Smiley Wink

Take a couple of days to visit the Grand Canyon or Death Valley NP.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 15 of 27
riff62

I was thinking of going to one of those actually..wanted to see the Dam as well. Of course ...a young(ish) impressionable lad left to his own devices in the bright lights of Sin City...no telling what nefarious evil may lurk in the shadows for this intrepid boy..As long as I don't have to call my wife for bail, I will be ok..ha
Message 16 of 27
JDMather

@riff62 wrote:
I was thinking of going to one of those actually..wanted to see the Dam as well.

Yes, I meant to mention that.  The Hoover Dam and the new bridge are fairly close to Las Vegas (I think about 30 miles).  The Grand Canyon or Death Valley (opposite direction) are a full days drive away.  If you go to the Grand Canyon - the Hoover Dam is on the way there.  Plan to spend at least 3 hrs there (arrive early, very very early (or late)).  The parking is free on the Arizona side, then walk back across.  The parking for the new bridge is about half mile before the dam.

Warning: the rim of the Grand Canyon is actually at a fairly high elevation and it can be cold in Dec., but they have a great welcome. Smiley Very Happy http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/IMAGES/JM%20RM%20at%20Mather%20Point.JPG

EESignature

Message 17 of 27
Ryan.Martinez

If you have never seen the Grand Canyon, its a must.

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 18 of 27
riff62

Thanks for the advice...I appreciate it...I will try to do one of the suggestions..I am sure I will have schoolwork to do..I am taking 4 classes this semester and finals are right after AU. Some May question the wisdom of going to AU at all, but I spoke with my instructors and they are waiving certain things I would normally need to do during that time, but not everything.. Working here at the Lab full time and taking on a heavy course load makes me question my sanity..
Message 19 of 27
kat.ingalls
in reply to: mpatchus

Thats fantastic news! Really happy to hear that. Excited to see so many of you guys looking forward to attending!

Kat

Message 20 of 27
GSE_Dan_A

Would be awfully nice to go to one of these, but I don't think I have the chance to.  Working for a  small company, its not easy to convince the boss to put up funds for these types of things. To those that are going, have fun and share your experience!

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report