Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attaching fcf to a hole callout

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
rclement
934 Views, 13 Replies

attaching fcf to a hole callout

im looking to attach a fcf to a diameter call out. ive looked on here for a answer but i dont see how it work.

it says to double click text in hole callout to see green blip points. the only blip points i get is leader start and end and the diameter points on circle.not around text. i get attached but arrow head appears as well?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
rclement
in reply to: rclement

48 views and no wants to or can answer.geez thats disappointing

Message 3 of 14
mrattray

I don't understand the question. Can you attach some pictures to help clarify? What's an fcf?

@rclement wrote:

it says to double click text in hole callout to see green blip points.

What says that? Can you post a link to it? That may help to clarify your question.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 14
jletcher
in reply to: mrattray

It is Feature Control Frame "fcf"..

Message 5 of 14
mrattray
in reply to: jletcher

@jletcher  Ah, I see. We don't use GD&T at my shop.

@rclement I had no problem attaching one to a diameter dimension in 2013 SP2 UD5. What version are you using?

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 14
jletcher

If you don't want arrow left click one time on FCF then on green dot near back of the arrow ( when you get close symbols will show) double click and you will see options..

dot 1.JPG

Option.JPG

I believe this is what you want..

Message 7 of 14
mrattray

I thought this was what he was after:

Capture.JPG

@rclement This is likely why your post didn't see a response. Nobody wants to have to drag what you want out of you.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 8 of 14
jletcher

More then likely but I think he attached it to the dimension line aand does not want arrow.

If he does not want the line he will just right click on the line and delete leader..

But some want a line going to the dimension but no arrow..

lk.JPG

Like this..

Message 9 of 14
rclement

close but was trying to not use lines pointing to dimension

Message 10 of 14
rclement

all anybody had to do was ask..thats exactly what i want but is the feature control frame attached to the radius callout.i can hang seperatly but if i move dimension doesnt move. if i use the it with seperate line and delete. it loses the associativity with the radius callout

Message 11 of 14
rclement

the only reason im asking figured there would be a easier way. before inventor i had used nx .which allowed you to add feature control feature to a dimension call out.

Message 12 of 14
nmunro

Yes, it is easily attached. When you start the FCF command and the FCF is attached to your cursor, just wander around a bit below the dimension text. Click when a green dot appears, then right-click and Continue. There are actually 8 snap points that represent the corners and midpoints of a box surrounding the dimension text. Any one will connect the FCF to the dimension.

Neil

https://c3mcad.com

Message 13 of 14
rclement
in reply to: nmunro

i tried that someone at a user group showed me was little cross hair. but i can find on mine.i there a setting i dont know about>

Message 14 of 14
rclement

ok i found it but is a curved leader promp. why is it different on different peoples computers. is this a variable that can be assigned different icon/

just wondering 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report