Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assemply problem? Drafting Improvement?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
MTorun
447 Views, 6 Replies

Assemply problem? Drafting Improvement?

Hi all,

I attached the vaporizer trial.. For the assembly, I can mate the legs and intlet to the fins but I want to make them fixed in correct alignment like one body involving all the components. I could not achieve by using joint-rigid. Could you please help me about that?

I would be appreciated if you give me some tips and recommendations as well about Inventor.

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: MTorun

Welcome to the group.  As a matter of good practice, please post the version of Inventor that you are using, as well as any relevant system specs.  This will help the right people look at your questions.

As far as part 2 of your question, have you looked at the tutorials in the new Inventor Help?  Just click the Question Mark in the upper right hand of your Inventor screen.  Brand new help site, and it has a lot of tutorials you can play with to learn your way around the software.

Message 3 of 7
mcgyvr

need more information...

One must remember that we all design different products and do not typically have detailed knowledge about different products and their exact placement of one to another..

I don't know exactly how those legs are supposed to be positioned..

They do slide up/down parallel to the fins.. An offset constraint will fix them into position with regards to distance from the end of the fins..

Why joints vs constraints?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 7
MTorun
in reply to: cbenner

I am using Inventor Professional 2014 Student Edition. 

I prefer audio/video learning materials to draft simultaneously and quickly. Any advice for that?

Thank you, Chris 

Message 5 of 7
MTorun
in reply to: mcgyvr

I want to make all components connected rigidly to the fins. For the legs and brackets, I want to fix with offset constraint as you said, Can you explain offset constraint briefly?
Inlets should also be fixed and aligned as their point of use must be in x-axis direction.
Why shouldn't I use joints vs constraints? Can you clarify the difference for me?
Thanks in advance
Message 6 of 7
mcgyvr

all the information is here http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/

an offset constraint is self-explanitory. this is offset from that by a distance

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 7
cbenner

@MTorun wrote:

I am using Inventor Professional 2014 Student Edition. 

I prefer audio/video learning materials to draft simultaneously and quickly. Any advice for that?

Thank you, Chris 

Youtube.  Just do a search for Autodesk Inventor 2014 or leave the year off for more generid videos.  There is a lot of learning material out there.  Some very good videos.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report