Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly View plane not perpendicular

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Francis.Foley
1234 Views, 6 Replies

Assembly View plane not perpendicular

Has anyone come across this before look at the attached assembly drawing, it is not perpendicular on the screen, it is out by a few degrees. Anyone know who to fix this?

Look at the gap on top versus the gap on the bottom.

I am using Inventor Pro 2014

Capture.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ampster401
in reply to: Francis.Foley

this appears to be an assy file.

What you will need to do is go back thru the history of how this assy file was created and inspect each part file.  I suspect one of your part files is out of whack - hard to tell though without the actual files themselves.

My eyes are not that good any more - I cannot tell if something is perpendicular to any plane using just a picture.

Message 3 of 7
Francis.Foley
in reply to: ampster401

I thought the first item in an assembly was grounded.

Message 4 of 7
ampster401

recent versions of Inventor have that option disabled, so you would have had to manually enable it.

Still, you'll have to go thru the assy starting with the 1st part you inserted or placed into it.

If you'd like some assistance and the files are not propietary in nature, try zipping them up and attaching them to this thread.

Message 5 of 7
Francis.Foley
in reply to: ampster401

I just started again, there was only a few parts in the assembly and this time I made sure to ground the main part. Thanks for the tip, I must look as the assembly application options and see if i can ground the first part by default.

Message 6 of 7
JDMather

@Francis.Foley wrote:

... I must look as the assembly application options and see if i can ground the first part by default.

Yes, you can set it back to the behavior of previous versions in Application Options,

or

when placing the first component, right click and select Grounded when placing it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 7

Hi! It looks like the component which the view is based on is sllightly off origin planes. You can right-click on the component in the assembly browser -> iProperties -> Occurrences. Look at the offsets to origin planes. They should all be zero. If not, clear them to zero and hit Apply. Then ground the component after that.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report