Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

assembly + spring

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
351 Views, 1 Reply

assembly + spring

I`m new to Inventor (2013) and have done a couple of simple assemblies for learning purposes.I have the following questions please

1. How can i have the spring with boths end flat ( pls see picture attached)

2. How can i make a spring which is curved

3. How can i place the spring between the arm and lever in straight spring assembly?

4. How do i place a curved spring into curved spring assembly?

To be honest i do not know how to place the springs in to the assemblies so am hoping for some assistance please.

J.R

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
trumpy81
in reply to: Anonymous

1. To answer Question 1 watch the following Youtube video carefully. The first few steps shown in the video will help you. This applies to springs made with the 'coil' command. You can also use the design wizard (Design Tab/Spring) to create a spring with proper flat ends etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaKX68LjhUo

There are other ways to achieve the same thing, but this is the easiest method I have found so far šŸ™‚

2. Watch this video for an excellent tutorial on curved springs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zojv12GyFRE&feature=related

3. With the parts already placed in the assembly, you can expand the part (spring) in the model pane. In the expanded part you will see a folder labelled 'Origin', expand it. Select an appropriate plane or axis in the 'origin' folder, for the spring centerline and then constrain that to an appropriate part/plane/axis in the assembly. There are many ways to constrain things, experiment to get the results you want. If you're still having a problem, just holler!

4. See above.

HTH

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report